This article explains how to enable temporary URL in WHM. The temporary URL is utilised when your domain name is in the propagation period, during a recent migration from another hosting provider, or when you have uploaded a test page to preview its appearance on the web prior to changing DNS settings.
Let us follow the steps-
- Log in to WHM.
- Find “Security center” section and click on the “Apache mod_userdir Tweak” sub-option.
- Deselect the “Enable mod_userdir Protection” option if you wish to activate a temporary URL.
- Activating this protection implies restricting access to http://server/~username. If you intend to permit access to ~username, deactivate the protection.
- You can select any domains that you wish to exclude by ticking the small boxes under “Exclude Protection”
- Finally, click on the “Save” button.
- You will receive a success message.
By following the above outlined steps, you can activate a temporary URL in WHM. For informative knowledge base articles, please visit our KB section frequently and ensure you also review our most recent web hosting plans.