This tutorial will help you in understanding how to disable PHP functions in WHM. Using WHM you can disable PHP functions for your hosting server.
Hackers can use some PHP functions on your web hosting servers for harmful purposes, making them more vulnerable. Even though they are not intended to be dangerous, it is preferable to disable these functions to improve security.
Let us follow the steps to disable PHP functions in WHM:
1. Log in to WHM.
2. Select the “Software” from the left menu.
3. Click on the “MultiPHP INI Editor” from the options available.
4. Select the “Editor Mode” from the list.
5. Select the version under the option “Edit the INI settings of a PHP version”.
6. Scroll down and find or search for “disable_functions” in the compound directives of INI settings.
7. As you can see the function in the image given below. Write down the names of the PHP functions you wish to disable separating with a comma.
8. Press the “Save” button.
9. WHM will generate a notification stating that the PHP functions have been disabled.
So, this was the procedure of disabling the PHP functions in WHM to avoid hacking. We hope you found it useful. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team at any time.
Visit the Webhosting UK website for more news, knowledge base articles, blog posts and information on our wide range of hosting services.