This article will explain how to install a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate for your domain using Plesk Onyx.
Important: Before you secure your domain with a Let’s Encrypt certificate, ensure the domain name is resolved to a public IP address of the Plesk server from the internet. If you are unsure, you should check your domain name availability by going to DNS Lookup by MxToolBox.
1. To install the SSL certificate in Plesk follow these instructions.Log into your Plesk account.
2. Click on Extensions in the left-hand panel.
3. In the Extensions screen search for Let’s Encrypt. Once you have found it, click Open.
4. When the Let’s Encrypt screen opens, it will display a list of all your domains. Click on the domain you would like to install the SSL certificate for.
5. A new screen will now appear to complete the installation process for your chosen domain.
6. Fill in your email address to receive important updates.
7. Select your options. Plesk recommends including the ‘www’ subdomain for the domain and each selected alias together with the Secure webmail on this domain option.
8. Finally, click Install. This will generate the SSL certificate and secure your domain. Let’s Encrypt certificates are valid for 90 days and are automatically renewed by the Let’s Encrypt extension.