This guide explains how to turn off the mod security for the domain in Plesk.
ModSecurity is a web application firewall (WAF) module that can be used to improve the security of web applications and websites. It is not limited to Plesk but can be integrated with various web server software, including Apache (as a module called mod_security) and Nginx, which are normally used in web hosting environments like Plesk.
Let us follow the steps –
- Log in to Plesk.
- Select the “Tools & Settings” option from the left hand side menu.
- You will enter a new page, where you can manage the server, and configure Plesk, system services, and resources.
- Locate “Security” section and click on the “Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity)” sub-option.
- Set the Web application firewall mode to “Off”.
- Click on the “Ok” button.
- You will receive a notification confirming that the firewall settings have been successfully saved.
This way, you can turn off the mod security for the domain in Plesk. If you face any difficulty in this process, seek help from our support specialists. They are available 24×7.