This tutorial covers the two most common methods for creating new wiki pages in MediaWiki.
Creating a New Page Based on a Link:
Wikis are similar to most web authoring platforms in that they do not have a ‘New Page’ button.
New pages are created by the following individuals:
• Linking to a page that does not exist.
• Adhering to this link and adding content to it
• Saving the page completes the content creation process.
Making A New Page Using The “Add to category” Option:
Creating a new page via the link is a slightly perplexing process. Any category page can also be used by wiki authors to create a new page.
• Navigate to the category page to which you wish to add an article.
• In the “Add page…” section, type the name of the page.
• Click the “Create” button.
Was this article useful to you? Then you’ll appreciate our assistance. Get a pre-secured, pre-optimized website with the Hosting difference today.