This article will show you how to set up FTP storage in Plesk.
Let’s go over the steps:
1. Log in to Plesk.
2. Select Tools & Settings from the left-hand side menu.
3. From the drop-down menu, pick Backup Manager.
4. Choose “Remote Storage Settings” from the options.
5. Now select FTP.
6. Check the box next to “Use FTP Storage.”
7. Set the hostname or IP address for the server you established, and also the path to the backup directory and the FTP username and password.
8. If the Plesk firewall is configured to block incoming connections from FTP servers, click the “Use passive mode” option. Check to see if the server you’ve chosen can handle passive FTP.
9. Use the “Use FTPS” checkbox to use an encrypted connection when transferring backups to external storage. This stops a third party from acquiring your information. Please ensure the server you’re using can handle FTPS connections.
10. Select the OK option.
The FTP storage has been set up in this fashion. You can now select it when making a manual or scheduled backup. If you have any concerns, contact WHUK customer support.