This article explains how to use EasyApache4 to install suPHP with mod-suPHP. SuPHP is a utility for running PHP programmes with the owner’s permissions. It comprises of a setuid root binary (suphp) that is called by the Apache module (mod suphp), which mod suphp is, to modify the uid of the process that is running the PHP interpreter.
Let us follow the steps to install:
- Log in to WHM.
- Search for the “EasyApache4” sub-option under the “Software” category and click on it.
- Select “Customize” under the “Currently Installed Packages” tab.
- Select the version of Apache and PHP you want to install, and click “Next.”
- Under the “Apache Modules” tab, search for “suPHP” and select it.
- Under the “PHP Extensions” tab, search for “mod_suphp” and select it.
- Click “Review” and then “Provision” to install the selected packages.
- You will get a message that the provision process has been completed.
- Once the Provision process is over, click on the “Done” button.
That is it! You should now have suPHP installed with mod_suPHP on your server.