Sometimes to confirm site ownership for Google Search Console you need to upload a file with the cPanel file manager. This article will illustrate how to upload a file using the cPanel file manager. You can also upload the HTML and CSS files to cPanel.
Let us follow the steps to upload a file using the cPanel file manager:
- Log in to cPanel.
- Select the “Files” section and click on “File Manager”.
- Find the “Settings” button on the top right side of the screen and click on it.
- Now, decide which folder you want to start in. We’ll use the Document Root of our website for this example. Then click on the “Save” button.
- Click on the “Upload” option from the top of the screen.
- Select the file you wish to upload or you can even drop the files as shown in the image given below.
- Once the file is uploaded, you will get a link at the bottom, click on it to go back.
- As a result, you can now view the file in a web browser and verify that it has been uploaded to the correct location.
This is how you use the cPanel file manager to upload a file. We hope you now understand how simple it is to upload a file, but if you still experience any problems, contact our support team and they will be happy to assist you. One of the best staff members is our WHUK support team.