In this article, we will explain how to set password strength for users of WHM and cPanel. For any hosting user that uses a password to log in, server security is their priority. This is the reason why stronger password authentication is needed to guarantee secure server login. Any WHM/cPanel server administrators can set the password complexity for their users.
Follow these instructions to increase password security for WHM and cPanel users:
- Log in to WHM.
- From the navigation menu, choose “Security Center.”
- Pick “Password Strength Configuration” from the menu.
- By entering the default strength in numbers, you can set the default required password strength for your hosting account as a whole.
- You can set the password to its default value or customise it as per your requirement using the horizontal scrolling button.
- You can also directly enter the password strength in numbers in the box provided.
- Then click on the “Save” button.
WHM will customise the setups for the password strength this way. If you face any kind of difficulty while going through this process, you can get in touch with our support team and seek help from them, because they are constantly there for you all!