This guide will explain how to modify the root password using WHM. You can modify the password for the root user using the WHM interface. Use of the previous password is not required. The use of a secure password is highly advised. A strong password contains the following and is not a word from a dictionary:
- Uppercase and lowercase letters.
The steps to be followed are as follows:
- Log in to the WHM.
- Select the “Server Configuration” option.
- Click on the “Change Root Password” sub-option.
- To create a strong alpha-numeric password, select Password Generator from the menu or you can generate your own.
- Enter the password again to confirm it.
- Finally click on the “Change Password” button.
This way you can modify the root password using WHM. It is good to change the password twice in a month. If you find any difficulty in doing this, you can contact our support staff.
Searching for the top hosting? WHUK is the only place to look!