In this guide, we have explained how to configure a new user account to access the FTP server.
Let us follow the steps:
- To access the Power User menu, press the Windows key + X on your keyboard. From there, choose Control Panel.
- Enter the Administrative Tools.
- Internet Information Services (IIS) manager should be double-clicked.
- Then magnify the sites.
- Select the FTP site and you should double-click on the Authorization rules.
- Click the context menu with your right mouse button and choose “Add Allow Rules” from the list.
- Open the Add Allow Authorization Rule box that appears and type the name of the previously created Windows 10 user account in the Specified user’s area.
- Choose the Read and Write privileges that a user should have.
- Finally. Click on the “Ok” button.
This way the users will be able to connect to the server using the credentials. You can repeat the process to add more users. Hope you liked our article.