In this tutorial, you will learn what is subdomain is and how to create a subdomain in Plesk.
Firstly, let’s understand what is a Sub-Domain?
Sub-domains explained in more detail:
A subdomain is a portion of your main domain that comes before the main domain name and domain extension. It is based on a prefix that you pick. For instance, see in this example, primary domain is ‘uk’ and subdomain prefix is ‘webhosting’ and ‘.com’ is TLD, whereas the rest is Path.
To create a sub-domain in Plesk follow these steps:
1. Log in to Plesk.
2. On the left side of the sidebar, click on Websites & Domains.
3. Click on Add Subdomain.
4. Now in the prefix section of the primary domain enter the name that you want as your subdomain.
5. The default home directory path, which is a combination of your subdomain and primary domain, can be discovered in the document root section. You can edit this field to your desire.
6. Fill all the required sections and click on OK.
7. This process requires 2-3 minutes and once done you will get a success message.