What is RVSkin?
RVSkin is a management software offered with cPanel server that provides a user with complete branding and skinning control over cPanel and Reseller accounts. In a short span of time you will be able to create impressive looking cPanel overlay skins for your end users that are customizable in accordance to your preferences. RVSkin enables you to apply a unique interface that is created by you and this can differentiate your hosting service. In the traditional hosting system you could only have one cPanel user per account. However with RVSkin you can enable your cPanel users to establish separate users for managing tasks like email maintainer, web and database maintainer etc.; this is an added advantage of using RVSkin.
RVSkin provides with a wide range of features, some of them are mentioned below:
* Ability to change control panel icons
* Detailed daily statistics
* Password protected folders
* A wide range of themes for customizing the cPanel
* Branding of skins is made easy with skin editor
* RVSkin works seamlessly with various add-ons
The process of installing RVSkin to the cPanel you have to follow these steps:
Firstly it is essential to have SSH on to the server. It is essential to note that the server already has a RVSkin license. Once that is ensured, you can follow the steps mentored below on the Shell:
tar -xvzf auto_rvskin.tgz; perl auto_rvskin.pl
You might come across this question:
The authenticity of host “rsync.rvskin.com (184.108.40.206)” can’t be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 28:3e:e7:5f:bf:0a:51:f7:39:91:70:9a:2a:6d:e7:e6.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
In case this is correct, check the fingerprint and type ‘yes’. After this you will have to answer a few questions on your shell and wait until the process completes. It will take approximately 2-5 minutes for completion. Once this process is completed, a new account will be created with the name “rvadmin”.
Login to the RVSkin Manager via WHM>>Add-ons
In case the RVSkin Manager option is not visible, close the WHM and login again into it
Goto RVskin manager in WHM and perform the following tasks:
* Set global configuration
* Set default language
* Create non-package feature list
* Set tweak setting, reseller feature control, body links, top links, help, tutorial links etc.
* Test configuration setting in 2 hosting accounts.
# rvadmin: This account is considered as the one belonging to the root
# reseller’s client: This account will display the settings from reseller skin manager. In case it is not configured, it will remain anonymous.
Modifying the user cPanel to RVSkin themes :
* You can change the default theme to an appropriate RVskin theme through your WHM>>Server Setup>>Edit Setup. You will have to look for ‘default cPanel Skin’ and change the text field to your desired theme
* Change RVskin theme to be the standard default theme for every hosting package, and change current hosting account’s theme to RVskin theme. This can be done in 2 ways :
1. Changing the theme through WHM :
In WHM, go to WHM>>Packages>>Edit Packages and modify the theme for every hosting package one by one. Once this change is made,cPanel will try to update the current hosting accounts using this package to the new theme.
2. Changing the theme through SSH :
Change the default theme for the hosting packages. It has to be noted that you will not get any email notification for this. This method works only for changing the theme. If you would like to change other attributes like disk quota, you will have to run these commands :
replace CPMOD=x CPMOD=rvblue — *
replace CPMOD=x2 CPMOD=rvblue — *
replace CPMOD=???? CPMOD=rvblue — *
This completes the process of RVSkin installation on the cPanel server.