If you wish to use the mailboxes for a specific domain name with an external mail server, you can easily do that by following these steps:
- Go to Domains, click the Domain Name.
- In the Web Site group click DNS Settings
- Now in the record type column, locate MX record, and click the respective link in the Host
- column on the left.
- Next, in the enter mail exchanger box, type the external mail server’s name and click OK.
- Click Up Level to return to the Domain Management screen.
- Now click Mail Accounts and Mail Settings.
- Clear the Activate mail service on domain check box and click OK.
Your domain will now use an external mail server.