Microsoft server hosting has gained popularity because of the features offered. Exchange server 2003 and Exchange server 2007 are available in the market; however the most important is the Exchange Server 2010 and its features. Usually Exchange server is known for its Portable access, Shared Calender and Public folder; these are the most important features in Microsoft Exchange Server. If we see the latest version of Exchange Server 2010 in-box with text preview as well are some of silent features for the users, they also receive their voice mail messages in their mail box as well on those servers.
A system which is built into Microsoft Windows can easily manage creating, drafting, creating the messages. The application programming Interface usually called as MAPI in short is a Windows program interface that enables you to send emails from within a Windows application and attach the document you are working on to the email note.
Here we are going to see some upcoming errors that users may face very frequently in Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. Sometimes users experience the error problem when they use the Active Directory Users and computer snap in to migrate Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 from one server to another. Usually Exchange Server task wizard may report the following error :
For Ex. Error: Connecting to destination server.
cn=newuser, CN=Users, DC=regency, DC=com
While attempting to the log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000
The one solution to solve the query where your need to check the default mailbox store should be correctly mounted.
The steps mentioned below will help you to mount mailboxes in Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.
1. In your operating system, click on Start and then go to select the programs – select Microsoft Exchange then select System Manager.
2. The next important step is to open the First Organization and then get in to -> Servers -> Computer-Name -> First Storage Group.
3. Look to your Mailbox Store very correctly. If it shows a red X on that icon, you need to mount the mailbox store again in a proper way. If you can’t see any red X you can skip to process of Step 5.
4. You have to right-click on the Mailbox Store and again you have to choose Mount Store. This process will mount the private mailbox store.
5. To confirm your process that the store has been mounted in a proper way you can check by right-clicking on Mailbox Store. Click on Refresh, if its perfectly done it will allow you to open the item and display the user mailbox names.
6. keep a eye on the icon on Public Folder Store. If it shows a red X on the icon, you need to mount the public folder store. If you can’t see any red X you can skip to process given in Step 8.
7. Right-click on Public Folder Store and Choose Mount Store. This will mount the public folder store. For the final confirmation regarding your public store has been mounted correctly or not, you can right-click on Public Folder Store. Click on Refresh. This will enable you to open the item and display the public folder names.