Add categories and tags to your blog posts to:
- Keep your posts organised
- Help your visitors find content when they search
What’s the difference between categories and tags?
A category allows you to group similar blog posts together. For example, if you are writing a travel blog, you could use the word ‘America’ as a category. Any other posts you write related to America can then be grouped under the same category.
A tag makes a blog post easier to find, and provides more information on the content of your posts. Tag words that your site visitors might use when searching. For example, someone searching for information on visiting America might search for ‘America’, ‘USA’, ‘Traveling America’.
A blog post can have any number of tags but only one category.
To add a category:
- Click on the drop down menu under the Category field.
- Select the Add New… option.
- Type in your chosen category name and click the tick to confirm.
There is no limit to the number of categories you can add, but each blog can only have one category.
To add a tag:
- In the Tag field type the name of your chosen tag.
- Hit ‘Enter’ on your keyboard.
Click on the ‘X’ icon to remove a tag at any time.