In this article, you will find how to add an identity in SpamExpert. An identity is distinct from an outgoing user/Authentication method in that it is a unique sending address, but an outgoing user/Authentication method is a means of authentication for all users on the sending server.
To add an identity in SpamExpert follow these steps:
- Log in to SpamExpert.
- Select the “Outgoing” category..
- Click on the “Manage Identities” option.
- You will enter the manage Identities page.
- Click on the “Add identity” option.
- You will get a form type page.
- Enter the “Domain” name. This is the domain to which the identity should be added.
- Under “User”, enter the authenticating IP or range.
- “Identity” is the part of the email user’s address that you want to add to the local list.
- Tick the check box if you would like to lock the identity.
- Click on the “Save” button.
This way you can add an identity in SpamExpert. For help contact our support team.