X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free hosting and domain name - New Forum Contest

Dear Forum Members,

WebHosting UK is glad to introduce a new competition for all members of the community forums as well as its customers. The competition is called 'Free Hosting & Domain contest' where all the forum members have an opportunity to win a free Linux or Windows shared hosting package along with a free domain name for a year. Existing customers of Webhosting UK who are not registered forum members yet as well as other Internet users are also encouraged to join in to be in with a chance.

Following is the list of rewards to be won :-

50 Posts - Linux Basic/Windows Starter plan with a domain name of your choice free for a year.
    75 Posts - Linux Premium/Windows Premium plan with a domain name of your choice free for a year.
    100 Posts - Linux Supreme/Windows Standard plan with a domain name of your choice free for a year.
    125 Posts - Linux Advance/Windows Supreme plan with a domain name of your choice free for a year.

The free domain can be of your choice from the available options, and will be registered for 1 year in case of .com, .net, .info, .org, .biz domains, and 2 years for .co.uk, .org.uk and .me.uk

Like all competitions and contests, this one too has some rules.

Contest Rules

- To be eligible to win a free hosting package and a domain name, a user must complete a minimum of 50 high quality posts. Content posted must be written by him/her self and not copied from any other source.

- If any content is found to be copied from an external source then the user must compensate for this by completing 5 additional posts written by him/her self.

- Each user is limited to a maximum of 1 free hosting package and domain name from this competition.

- Posts made in the 'New Member Introductions', 'The Lounge' and 'Fun Stuff' forums do not count towards the final total.

- A user must not post more than 15 posts a day for this competition, otherwise posts may be considered spam.

- This competition shall be conducted by Webhosting UK at its sole and absolute discretion.

- The recipient undertakes not to raise any disputes with respect to the provision of a free hosting package or domain name against Webhosting UK nor will he/she initiate any legal proceedings with respect to the provision of a free hosting package or domain name against Webhosting UK.

By participating in this competition, the user is hereby agreeing to the above stated terms and conditions.

If any user participating in this competition is found to be breeching these rules, he/she will have their forum user account disabled with immediate effect.

In order to claim your reward, you will need to PM one of our Moderators. We will then review your posts and the decision will be taken from there on.

IMPORTANT

As mentioned in the competition rules, posts must be of "high-quality" - posting in very old topics will only deem your posts of a very low quality, as chances are, the topic is so outdated, that the information contained is pretty much useless.
    Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
    AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Hi,

Great to see competitions!

But might be nice if there was something for people with VPS Hosting like me...

A shared account aint much use when i have a VPS & a domain reseller... which for me is worth paying the 5/yr cost price because i can control it all :p

Dan

Comment

Good luck guys!
      Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Sales: 0808-262-0855
      Support: 0800-612-8725
      International: +44 191 303 8191

Comment

Originally posted by dansgalaxy View Post
        Hi,

Great to see competitions!

But might be nice if there was something for people with VPS like me...

A shared account aint much use when i have a VPS & a domain reseller... which for me is worth paying the 5/yr cost price because i can control it all :p

Dan
        I will talk to our other Management Team members and add something for VPS customers as well. There should be some offer for Semi-Dedicated hosting and Dedicated Server customers as well.
        Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
        AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
        Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

Ah Great!

Can't wait to see that

Even if its just a couple of months free VPS or something would be good

Dan

Comment

The Competition

Hi All

I did not see when the closing date for the competition is, oh and does this post count as my first posting?

Ta

Mick

Comment

Hi,

It's a great opportunity for the users like me to participate in the contest and struggle to start with a personal site hosted with Webhosting UK. May I know what are the parameters for "High-quality" posts please?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

I would guess, something which benefits the community, which is helpful informative and generally ADDS to the forum.

(you could say this post was one )

Comment

High Quality post means your reply should be related to the topic and it should be helpful for the OP. Few words post won't be counted towards the final total. For ex: post like thanks for sharing it with us, I agree with you, thank you for the reply, welcome, cool, good, awesome, wow that's great, ok fine etc etc. You can post such reply to increase your post count but please make a note that it won't be counted towards the final total.

Also, posts made in this particular thread won't be considered in the final count.

Good Luck and don't miss this wonderful opportunity to establish a long term business relationship with WebHosting UK.

Comment

Once again Webhosting UK is back with new forum contest. The contest rewards are good and its a good chance for the forum members to establish their own personal or business website. No need to pay for the domain and hosting package for a year. We all should forward this thread to people who are looking for free hosting.
                    Satisfied with WebHosting.UK.com? Write up a review here
                    Join Affiliate Program for FREE and earn upto 300 commission per sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                      We all should forward this thread to people who are looking for free hosting.
                      This contest is open for every Internet user. You can ask your friends, relatives, colleagues to participate in this contest. Along with the free domain and hosting we will also provide 24x7x365 support through Email, Live Chat and Phone.

After spending one year with us I'm sure all the winners will renew the domain and hosting package for the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by micksay View Post
                        Hi All

I did not see when the closing date for the competition is, oh and does this post count as my first posting?

Ta

Mick
                        Hi Mick,

As of now we have not mention the closing date but before closing this contest we will notify well in advance. We want maximum number of people to take advantage of this contest.

Posts made in this particular thread won't be considered in the final count.

Comment

Hmm.. So If somone had 50 posts allready, would they automatically get free hosting/a free domain? Or is it 50 additional posts from the date that this thread was made?

Comment

Maybe you could give more points to peeps who start new threads that have many replies? And on that basis, take away points from those who reply to threads that are months old!

Also, could you give me a price on the dedi I have? i may want to keep it for a couple of months and see how it goes. Funny thing is that i haven't even used it all year but now I may have found a use for it, but not sure yet.

Comment

Originally posted by j03 View Post
                              Hmm.. So If somone had 50 posts allready, would they automatically get free hosting/a free domain? Or is it 50 additional posts from the date that this thread was made?
                              Post made from 19th Jan 2009 would be counted towards the final total.

Comment

Working...
                              X