Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win A Free Dedicated Server For A Year !!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Thx you both.

    For me personally php and mysql are the only things I need, but would like to see what windows is like so at least I gain experience. I take it that php and mysql will work fine on windows and will be able to use remote desktop ?? If not then Linux please.

    I have linux on my vps anyway, so I will have the option to use either windows or linux.....that is my thinking anyway.

    Thx for sorting the partition question... i wouldn't have been able to give you an answer to that.

    Comment


    • #62
      I'm getting excited for you jon, things are moving forward nicely for you.
      Midlands Weather Forum

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by jon123 View Post
        Thx you both.

        For me personally php and mysql are the only things I need, but would like to see what windows is like so at least I gain experience. I take it that php and mysql will work fine on windows and will be able to use remote desktop ?? If not then Linux please.

        I have linux on my vps anyway, so I will have the option to use either windows or linux.....that is my thinking anyway.

        Thx for sorting the partition question... i wouldn't have been able to give you an answer to that.
        lets proceed with Linux Server. I will send login details tomorrow.

        I don't want you to get into trouble after couple of months incase loose any data or face any sort of Virus problem with the windows server.

        cPanel - WHM is all that you need on Linux Server and latest version of WHM has got php.ini modification option. As your server will be fully managed server so you can contact us anytime you need anything changed from SSH. If you have any other reason for trying Windows then let me know.
        Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
        AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
        Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by optrex View Post
          who got 2nd place in the end?
          not able to decide on 2nd winner as of now. need to discuss with James, John, Nick, Harry and Dan before choosing second winner.
          Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
          AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
          Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

          Comment


          • #65
            Isn't there 3 winners, as listed on the first post?

            Comment


            • #66
              Oh this isn't fair - I've been out of action for most of this comp and haven't really had a chance

              Wouldn't know what to do with one anyway

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Administrator View Post
                lets proceed with Linux Server. I will send login details tomorrow.

                I don't want you to get into trouble after couple of months incase loose any data or face any sort of Virus problem with the windows server.

                cPanel - WHM is all that you need on Linux Server and latest version of WHM has got php.ini modification option. As your server will be fully managed server so you can contact us anytime you need anything changed from SSH. If you have any other reason for trying Windows then let me know.
                Thx, happy with that. I think you are right, I really don't use asp or anything else that requires windows specifically.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by optrex View Post
                  I'm getting excited for you jon, things are moving forward nicely for you.
                  many thx.

                  I am still undecided as to what we'll do with the server, but it will be put to good use.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by karimali831 View Post
                    Isn't there 3 winners, as listed on the first post?
                    yes

                    Third can be decided only when we manage to decide on 2nd winner

                    This should be sorted by the end of day.
                    Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
                    AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
                    Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Winners will be announced shortly!

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        here we go

                        1. Jon123 - Dedicated Server
                        2. Optrex - Semi-Dedicated Server
                        3. Pumazooma - VPS Enterprise
                        4. Karimali831 - VPS Business

                        let me know if any of you have any sort of problem if I post your real names over here.
                        Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
                        AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
                        Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Well Done Guys!
                          Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

                          Sales: 0808-262-0855
                          Support: 0800-612-8725
                          International: +44 191 303 8191

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Well Done Guys!

                            OMG! I am stunned by that, thanks very much indeed

                            Midlands Weather Forum

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Well done !

                              Originally posted by optrex View Post
                              OMG! I am stunned by that, thanks very much indeed

                              I know.....stunned is the first word that I thought of as well!

                              Great of you guys to create a fourth prize also.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                You guys have earned it, helping out the community
                                Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

                                Sales: 0808-262-0855
                                Support: 0800-612-8725
                                International: +44 191 303 8191

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X