Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win A Free Dedicated Server For A Year !!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Jon,

What do you plan on doing with your Dedicated server ?
    Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Sales: 0808-262-0855
    Support: 0800-612-8725
    International: +44 191 303 8191

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      So Jon,

What do you plan on doing with your Dedicated server?
      Do you know Dan, I haven't got a clue mate!
      It would be great to get loads of paid hosting clients and then secure the dedi permanently. The great thing is that I have a year to try to achieve that, but am thinking I am going to need 'quite' a few! Maybe best to leave the hosting to the experts. But you never know........

We have a few clients on our VPS, but we didn't set out to host, we just wanted to get all our sites put together with a reliable hosting company. That's how we arrived here.

You may recall from last year, I want to get into streaming media more of a hobby than anything else. I know it isn't a streaming server but am not contemplating having many (if any) 'listeners' so throttling the bandwidth /network wouldn't be an issue.

TBH I am open to suggestions! Any thoughts?

Comment

Not too sure, Streaming Audio shouldn't use too much resources. Staying within the UK legal requirements that is.

You could always setup your own hosting company on the dedi, It's very powerful and should be able to host hundreds of sites if not thousands when configured correctly.

Comment

Thx for that.
          Local radio is possibly an option. I am active with a local broadcasting action group so maybe something to consider. it wouldn't be a music station so no worries on the legal side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
            No one besides Jon comes close to No. 1 position in this competition.

We need to think about the second winner as first has to be Jon ( jon123 ).

Congratulations Jon, well done sir!
            Midlands Weather Forum

Comment

Originally posted by optrex View Post
              Congratulations Jon, well done sir!
              Many thx. Appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by jon123 View Post
                Thx for that.
                Local radio is possibly an option. I am active with a local broadcasting action group so maybe something to consider. it wouldn't be a music station so no worries on the legal side of things.
                let me know if you need any specific addon softwares installed on the server. Login details will be sent to you once you let me know what OS and partitioning you will prefer.
                Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
                AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
                Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
                  let me know if you need any specific addon softwares installed on the server. Login details will be sent to you once you let me know what OS and partitioning you will prefer.
                  You should send him a coupon code for the package, so he can set specific things up himself

Just an idea

Comment

who got 2nd place in the end?
                    Midlands Weather Forum

Comment

You should send him a coupon code for the package, so he can set specific things up himself

Just an idea
                      I think that would help as not sure how to answer the question re partitions.
                      I understand i need to create my own backup?
                      Is there a basic control panel? if so is it the same on linux and windows?
                      thx

Comment

Windows you can have Plesk

Linux you can have cPanel or Plesk

With windows, you will get remote desktop, so you can act as if it's your PC

Comment

Windows you can have Plesk

Linux you can have cPanel or Plesk

So with windows iis I can easily change settings like the php.ini without having to use shell access? One thing that lets me down on my linuz vps is using shell and linux in general.

Also Dan, I underatand that the server will have a simple free control panel. So I would assume LXadmin for linux but what one for windows?
                          At this moment in time I couldn't justify paying out for a licence for something like plesk. Maybe in the future but not at present.

Comment

lol, love using that

Comment

So with windows iis I can easily change settings like the php.ini without having to use shell access? One thing that lets me down on my linuz vps is using shell and linux in general.

Also Dan, I underatand that the server will have a simple free control panel. So I would assume LXadmin for linux but what one for windows?
                              At this moment in time I couldn't justify paying out for a licence for something like plesk. Maybe in the future but not at present.
                              You will receive a full control panel (cPanel / Plesk)

Comment

Control Panel is included with the server. If your requirements are limited to PHP and MySQL only then choose Linux server. I'll take care of partitioning, but consider Linux if you want to keep things simple.

Backup / Restore process is quite simple in Linux and Linux servers are long lasting.
                                Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
                                AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
                                Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

Working...
                                X