Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Technician Leeds

Hello All,

We are looking for a level 2 Support Technician to join our growing team in our central Leeds office.

Technical Requirements:
    • A good understanding of Linux.
    • A good understand of Windows Server 2003/2008
    • Comfortable performing any WHM/cPanel task.
    • Comfortable performing any Plesk task.
    • Comfortable performing any DNP task.

Customer Service Requirements:
    • Ability to write and speak in an easy to understand way.
    • Patient while dealing with customers who have zero technical knowledge.
    • Polite.
    • A team player capable of working with others to achieve goals.

Although not required, people with the below skills will be considered favourably.
    • Excellent understanding of iptables.
    • Good understanding of Virtuozzo.
    • Good understanding of FreeBSD/OpenBSD
    • Good understanding of Linux Kernel.

As we do host some adult websites, we regret that we are unable to consider anyone under the age of 18. This is also a full time job, so it isn't available to students or other people seeking part time work.

Working hours are 09:00 -17:00 Monday-Friday, with an hour for lunch at 12:00.

Start Date: 02/11/2009
    Salary: Dependant on skills and experience.

You can apply by sending your CV and Covering Letter to [email protected]

Hopefully we can find someone from our forum members

Good luck to anybody who applies for this position.
    Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Sales: 0808-262-0855
    Support: 0800-612-8725
    International: +44 191 303 8191

Comment

I was close to applying, my only problem is the location due to the commute, would be great if I could work from home .... lol! and yeah Good luck to those that do apply
      Hexo
      -------
      The man that knows how, is always working for the man that knows why

Comment

There are number of people who wish to work remotely but we are looking for people who can come out of their homes and work from our office.

Comment

I would have applied, but I'm more MS based than Linux. I'm doing my full CCNA and MCSE this year and possibly my COMPTIA qualifications next year - so maybe in two years time I will apply to join the technical support team.

Comment

You're most welcome, Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
              There are number of people who wish to work remotely but we are looking for people who can come out of their homes and work from our office.
              I did used to live Manchester way, but moved back to the lincs area, we have a 15 yr old stepdaughter doing her GCSE's and trust me, uprooting now isn't an option lol - Have you ever asked a 15yr old what they think about moving... talk about murder in your sleep.

I'm currently doing my MCSA / MCSE and Comptia, though i seem to have more experience in the Linux field, rather than certification. One day i might end up working for webhosting uk, though in the distant future lol, it'd deffinately be different fro mthe feel of being a 'drone' in a print factory.
              Hexo
              -------
              The man that knows how, is always working for the man that knows why

Comment

Originally posted by Hexosphere View Post
                I did used to live Manchester way, but moved back to the lincs area, we have a 15 yr old stepdaughter doing her GCSE's and trust me, uprooting now isn't an option lol - Have you ever asked a 15yr old what they think about moving... talk about murder in your sleep.

I'm currently doing my MCSA / MCSE and Comptia, though i seem to have more experience in the Linux field, rather than certification. One day i might end up working for webhosting uk, though in the distant future lol, it'd deffinately be different fro mthe feel of being a 'drone' in a print factory.
                Hexo, let me know how the quals you're doing are, maybe one day we'll be working alongside eachother.

Comment

so who was the lucky applicant who got the job? who was unlucky enough to live in Leeds?

Comment

most welcome to the people who join this thread ....nice thread ...as i am new in this thread...
                    nice jobs in this forum...

thanks
                    donald

Comment

hello there,
                      all the best who r going to applying in new jobs.

regards,
                      donald

Comment

Originally posted by jon123 View Post
                        so who was the lucky applicant who got the job? who was unlucky enough to live in Leeds?
                        Hmm they have to be tough and smart, as some of their clients are getting to feel they know more than they do......... - should I apply? Nah dont live in Leeds (Thank God) and I would hate customers like me lol!!!

Comment

Hi,

Is this opprotunity for the local residents or for offshore support admins as well.

HAND

Comment

Originally posted by mabnux View Post
                            Hi,

Is this opprotunity for the local residents or for offshore support admins as well.

HAND
                            It's a full time position, based in the Leeds Offices.

Comment

hmm

Are you looking for people only from uk or all over the world?

Comment

Working...
                              X