This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebHosting UK has launched Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V based VPS Hosting

At Webhosting.uk.com, we have now added Microsoft's Hypervisor-based virtualization platform, Hyper-V to our virtual private server services. Hyper-V based Windows 2008 virtual private servers provide a highly reliable and scalable virtualization platform for website hosting with support for IIS 7, MS SQL Server 2008 and ASP.NET 3.5.

Key features of Hyper-V Virtual Private Servers include :-
    • Windows Server 2008 Operating system
    • Completely Isolated Environment
    • RDP Access to the VPS
    • Administrative Access to install Applications
    • Guaranteed RAM and Disk space
    • Unique IP addresses

For full details and plan specifications of WebHosting UK's Hyper-V powered VPS hosting, visit Cloud Server Hosting | Cheap Cloud Dedicated Web Hosting UK

Great News!

Nice to know that Web Hosting UK has launched a new VPS technology. Could you please let me know what is the actual difference between the old VPS hosting and Hyper-V based VPS?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt123 View Post
      Great News!

Nice to know that Web Hosting UK has launched a new VPS technology. Could you please let me know what is the actual difference between the old VPS and Hyper-V based VPS?
      A number of VPS's (Virtual Private Servers) are setup on a single Dedicated server using a Virtualization software. There are different Virtualization platforms like Open VZ and Virtuozzo. Microsoft has launched the latest Virtualization platform which is known as Hyper-V. Hyper-V is based on Windows Server 2008 Operating system and it has many features which makes it different and better from other Virtualization platforms. Hyper-V provides the user with Full Access over the resources and other aspects of the VPS which makes the VPS just like a Dedicated server.

Hope this helps...
      Cloud Shared Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Servers | Request Dedicated Server Hosting Quote
      Contest :: Refer and Win a FREE Domain and FREE Hosting

Comment

Excellent news
        Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Sales: 0808-262-0855
        Support: 0800-612-8725
        International: +44 191 303 8191

Comment

Originally posted by Matt123 View Post
          Could you please let me know what is the actual difference between the old VPS and Hyper-V based VPS?
          For the old VPS we used OpenVZ/Virtuozzo virtualization software whereas the new VPS plan i.e. Hyper-V VPS are powered by Microsoft's latest virtualization platform, Hyper-V. Hyper-V is a hypervisor-based server virtualization technology that is a key feature of Windows Server 2008 and provides a reliable and highly available server virtualization platform.

Comment

This is a exellenct news for Web Hosting UK you guys are doing a good work.Just continue to work with this steps

Comment

Not sure how i miss this thread. Great work.
              Satisfied with WebHosting.UK.com? Write up a review here
              Join Affiliate Program for FREE and earn upto 300 commission per sale.

Comment

We have got a pretty good response. Hyper-V is rocking.

Comment

I recently purchased a Hyper V Business plan.

I went in and looked at it today for the first time........ OMG! - 60% of the RAM is used up and there isnt a single website on the server yet.

Basically if I install SQL Server express then that would leave me with no memory left to serve websites.

Is it me or does this sound like a really bad deal in comparison to the regular VPS plan. I have asked for my money back.

Comment

Hello,

The memory usage of a VPS doesn't get affected by the number of Domains hosted on the server (it affects but not on a large scale) but the processes and the services which are running on a server affects the memory and CPU usage. You have Plesk Control Panel, MSSQL, Drweb, Spam Assassin, MySQL, Web server, Mail Server etc running on the VM. All these services require memory to run properly.

So, the memory usage which you can see in the Task manager OR from Plesk is normal for a VM installed with the above listed software's.

Kindly let us know if we can further assist you.
                    Mike
                    Windows VPS Hosting

Comment

so far the Hyper V's are performing well !

Comment

Originally posted by carlobee View Post
                        so far the Hyper V's are performing well !
                        Of course, it's performing well.

Comment

Working...
                        X