Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebHosting UK T-Shirts

Dear Members,

We at Webhosting.uk.com are planning to send out Webhosting UK T-Shirts to all our customers. The front design of the t-shirt has already been finalized but back print design is still pending as we haven't been able to make a decision on a perfect theme for the t-shirt yet which would match our UK hosting business.

So we have decided to give an opportunity to all our forum members to participate in this and make a unique design for WebHosting UK T-Shirt. The member whose design will be chosen as the best design by Webhosting UK management will be offered a choice of free Linux VPS Starter with cPanel or WinVPS Starter with Plesk for a year.

The winner will also get a WebHosting UK T-Shirt with his own design creation printed on the back.

Here's wishing all the best to the participating members. Looking forward to see a great design showcase!
    WebHosting.UK.com :: Leader in Web Hosting
    cPanel Hosting | Windows Hosting | Reseller Hosting | CLOUD HOSTING
    Dedicated Servers - Fully Managed UK dedicated servers with Real-time Monitoring
    Great Opportunity:: Join our Affiliate Program for FREE & earn up to 350 per sale.
    Follow Us on Twitter and FaceBook

Great idea James, can we see a copy of the front design so that we can keep our design in context?
    Midlands Weather Forum

Comment

I'd definitely purchase one, always keeping Web Hosting UK at the front of the line

Not too good at designing, I will sit back and check out some of the amazing designs
      Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Sales: 0808-262-0855
      Support: 0800-612-8725
      International: +44 191 303 8191

Comment

Following design was suggested by our designer for back side, but none of us liked it.

Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
        AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
        Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          I'd definitely purchase one, always keeping WHUK at the front of the line

Not too good at designing, I will sit back and check out some of the amazing designs
          We won't sell those. We will send T-Shirts for our customers as gift
          Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
          AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
          Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

Ah, very nice

Haha, that design made me laugh
            Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Sales: 0808-262-0855
            Support: 0800-612-8725
            International: +44 191 303 8191

Comment

I guess the design which has been suggested is a lil common as I've seen the same design somewhere else as well, can't recall it though. But yeah will look forward for a T-shirt

Which color is it btw? hope its a black T...
              "Don't be so open minded; your brains might fall out"

Comment

The front design is perfect but we may change the text to WEBHOSTING.UK.COM

A complete domain name is always good to use on T-Shirts.
                Dedicated Servers - Fully Managed UK dedicated servers with Real-time Monitoring
                Great Opportunity:: Join our Affiliate Program for FREE & earn up to 350 per sale.

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                  I guess the design which has been suggested is a lil common as I've seen the same design somewhere else as well, can't recall it though. But yeah will look forward for a T-shirt

Which color is it btw? hope its a black T...
                  lol not black it will be white T.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                    lol not black it will be white T.
                    Cool, cool, not a problem as long as its free...lol
                    "Don't be so open minded; your brains might fall out"

Comment

I want a black one...

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
                        We won't sell those. We will send T-Shirts for our customers as gift
                        Seriously bad idea. No, really, I mean it.

To get any marketing benefit out of a T shirt it has to be worn. That means it has to have perceived value and freebies just don't. People aren't stupid - they know you just want free advertising. Unless you have a brand that has real class (eg Ferrari, Gucci) that is. It may get worn as a nightshirt or used as a polishing cloth but that's about it. Either way you lose. And it could be worse. I'm sure people like Cassie would think you would be far better off investing the money in your systems!

I have some suggestions. One, redesign the logo to something more colourful, eyecatching and cool. It's very drab and uninteresting at the moment. See the Firefox logo for a good example.

Two, create a T shirt that geeks will want to wear. You could have a slogan competition to come up with something like 'Home sweet 127.0.0.1' or 'Sometimes I just turn it off and on again'. The slogan needs to be the main purpose of the T shirt with your branding as secondary. That way people will not feel like they are a sandwich board. You get a free ride on the back of people wanting to wear the shirt.

Create a shirt that people will WANT to have rather than one you have to give away.
                        black-dog
                        4theweb.co.uk Web stuff
                        slipperyhill.co.uk Band

Comment

Here's a quick slogan idea:

Cool as
                          black-dog
                          4theweb.co.uk Web stuff
                          slipperyhill.co.uk Band

Comment

Hi,

We are quietly confident it will have the desired effect. It's not so much as a marketing gimmick (although that is also nice!), it's more of a way to get more of our customers onto the forum and just to show we are a little bit different. The cost? Negligible, compared to certain magazine advertisements

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                              Hi,

We are quietly confident it will have the desired effect. It's not so much as a marketing gimmick (although that is also nice!), it's more of a way to get more of our customers onto the forum and just to show we are a little bit different. The cost? Negligible, compared to certain magazine advertisements

Well what do I know, I've only been involved in PR and marketing for about 30 years.

Ho hum. I won't get one anyway, I just manage the VPS I don't pay the bill for it. And I've never, ever seen my boss in anything other than a shirt tie and business suit so he'll never wear it.

No one wants you to be different. Unless that means being the best.
                              black-dog
                              4theweb.co.uk Web stuff
                              slipperyhill.co.uk Band

Comment

Working...
                              X