Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78.129.131.xxx VPS Node Down

Hello,

Our RAID monitoring script showed that node having some VPS of IP range 78.129.131.xxx is having RAID issues because of faulty hard drive so we have had to scheduled emergency maintenance today (notification email already sent to all clients). While performing this task, the server went into Kernel panic mode, we have replaced the hard drive but unfortunately this has made no difference as it has mirrored the Kernel Panic. So the only option that remains is to setup a new server and restore latest backup (15th May) on it.

Right now the backup restoration is in process which will take a few hours. Further updates will be posted as and when progress is achieved.

We regret the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

----------
    Regards,
    VPS Support Team
    Webhosting.uk.com

78.129.131.xxx VPS Node Down

Hello,

Our RAID monitoring script showed that node having some VPS servers with IP range 78.129.131.xxx is having RAID issues because of faulty hard drive so we have had to scheduled emergency maintenance today (notification email already sent to all clients). While performing this task, the server went into Kernel panic mode, we have replaced the hard drive but unfortunately this has made no difference as it has mirrored the Kernel Panic. So the only option that remains is to setup a new server and restore latest backup (15th May) on it.

Right now the backup restoration is in process which will take a few hours. Further updates will be posted as and when progress is achieved.

We regret the inconvenience caused. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Regards
    VPS support Team
    webhosting.uk.com

Comment

Thanks Alec.
      Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Sales: 0808-262-0855
      Support: 0800-612-8725
      International: +44 191 303 8191

Comment

"Kernel panic mode" you mean kermit panic mode !! All up now

Comment

Hello,

Backup restoration was completed on 17-05-2010 and all vps were up and running fine.
          Please get back to us if further assistance is required.
          Best Regards,
          Phil_VPS
          VPS Support Department.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil_VPS View Post
            Hello,

Backup restoration was completed on 17-05-2010 and all vps were up and running fine.
            Please get back to us if further assistance is required.
            Ah nothing better to do than play on the forum Phil ? I already said it was fixed 3 days ago.

Comment

Hello Ros,

A kernel panic is state taken by an operating system upon detecting an internal fatal error from which it cannot safely recover while booing the system.

most Kernel panic are the result of unhandled processor or indicate a failure of hardware, such as a failed RAM or overheating/damaged processor and hard-drive.

Kernel panic is the work largely used with Unix operating system.
              In Microsoft Windows operating systems the equivalent term is Bug check, Blue Screen of Death.
              Best Regards,
              Phil_VPS
              VPS Support Department.

Comment

booing the system?

..... I fail to see the explanation is required now, after the event has passed and done. The server died. The server was replaced - end of story Phil.

Comment

byteme,

Please keep your attitude friendly and welcoming towards both members and technical support staff.

Phil_VPS meant Booting rather than Booing, a small typing mistake and was simply updating the thread with an official explanation and a further contact method for any additional issues.

I understand your frustration for the downtime, but please don't take it out on technical support staff.
                  Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Sales: 0808-262-0855
                  Support: 0800-612-8725
                  International: +44 191 303 8191

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    byteme,

Please keep your attitude friendly and welcoming towards both members and technical support staff.

Phil_VPS meant Booting rather than Booing, a small typing mistake and was simply updating the thread with an official explanation and a further contact method for any additional issues.

I understand your frustration for the downtime, but please don't take it out on technical support staff.
                    Frustration isn't in dowtime, maybe in lack of information whilst the problem was current and a heads up on the forum didn't happen until nearly 12 hours after the original issue was apparent and chat tech support were unable to provide even an estimated up time when clearly they have more information at their dispopsal than we do having VPS from you.

Please remember, those of us that run VPS take the flak for your tech support with our own clients and insufficient information is very unhelpful. Pass the knowledge down the line at the time you are aware makes for great customer service.

As to spelling mistakes - a simple leg pull and indeed his post was superflous days after the event was done and dusted. It just irritates those of us and looks like he hasn't anything better to do.

Comment

problems still happening surriously on 78.129.131.xxx

Anyone else having intermittant problems on this IP range for this server? rebuilt 17-5-2010 since that point I have had a incomplete back up and a cgi perl script that stops running and doesn't show on logs - I have consistently viewed logs with no errors shown. I have seen the internal server error myself and have taken a snapshot AND ftp and server status snapshots at time of the incident and displayed these to support. I have run the perl script checker - no issues and the script has not been modified since 31-12-2009.

Further more we now appear to have a gremlin in the email - a forwarder is not working to send email to a catchall it is returning the email This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

Code:
                      A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
                      recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
                          (ultimately generated from [email protected])
                          This domain is not hosted here
                      the domain is forwarded to the server for email and has also worked for the past 5 months until 17-5-2010

Any other vps on this node experiencing the same?

Comment

Dear Rosco,

We sincerely apologize for the delayed reply.
                        We are already working on your tickets and we will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Comment

Hello,

We have replied your support tickets with detail explanation, Please reply back the tickets if further assistance is required.
                          Best Regards,
                          Phil_VPS
                          VPS Support Department.

Comment

I have 213.175.192.xxx and 115.124.110.xxx not sure what node these are on but down since 9.00 this morning 5th June thats 8 hours

Still cannot get an estimated uptime from support
                            Last edited by chique; 05-06-10, 04:11 PM.

Comment

got estimated uptime of 45mins, which if it happens will have given me downtime of about 91/2 hours

Problem on mine was also raid and hdd?

Comment

Working...
                              X