ip routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ip routing

Umm, been problems for over 5 hours now with an expected further repair time-scale of another 5-6 hours.

I know quite a few of us have mentioned this on numerous occasions but something needs to be done about communicating with your clients when there are network issues.
    I thought that Web Hosting UK at least had started to communicate on here, but there doesn't seem to be anything about this issue.

I am wondering whether you only relay info on here when enough people contact live support!

I really do think that this is the only real problem with WebHosting UK, everything else is great. It is really important to keep in contact with clients when problems occur.

Actually I also think that it isn't a good idea to pinpoint issues on here, I think that should have its own dedicated page within your site.
    Just a simple php page with time, error, who is affected, description, repair timescale, and then further updates throughout.

I think it is more professional and shows clients AND potential new clients that WebHosting UK takes its communication with clients on all downtime issues seriously. I dare say it would also illeviate the workload on live chat support when there is an issue.

Of course people would need to find the page/s, but a link on the main site and a link on here would sort that.

Comment

I have one of these pages for my company

http://www.endless-network.com

It was created with PHP and I've got a fully functional backend, the status at the top also changes in accordance to any scheduled maintenances or network outages.

--

I will get some information regarding this issue for you Jon
      Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Sales: 0808-262-0855
      Support: 0800-612-8725
      International: +44 191 303 8191

Comment

Brilliant Dan! That is exactly what i am referring to... how professional does your site look because of that page? It shows you care.
        I guess it is also somewhere you can refer your cleints to without having to repeat the problem over and over

Comment

I'll happily share the source code to anybody who wishes to use it, thanks for your kind words Jon

Comment

Deaf ears Dan. i don't know who has been on since original post (apart from James who left a post an another thread).

Maybe John or Andrew may reply! it has been over 12 hours now, maybe a lot more (I noticed it 12 hours ago). there is no mention on here or anywhere else that a problem exists!

Just spoke to an operator who told me most are affected by this issue.
            And what is really annoying me is that now i can't get the transcript because i can't receive mail.

John, Andrew i'm sorry but you need to sort something in this area. I think we all understand that 'sh*t' happens, but no communication is really poor, poor service. It is a shame because as i mentioned previously, your service apart from this area is faultless.

Comment

Hi Jon,

I meant to speak to Andrew earlier but I realised that he wasn't available and forgot about the issue. I have forwarded this onto a senior system administrator who should post here with an update shortly

Comment

Appreciate that Dan, really do, but it isn't just about me not being able to access my sites (although as you can gather really annoying), its about my first post! There should be somewhere where we can get the latest info.
                How many times do i have to contact live support to tell me they are still working on it! i know they are! And i still know there is a problem because i can't access my site!

So many issues on this topic, I think they should start listening

Comment

I can understand your frustration. I can assure you that engineers are working on the issue and that they will update here as soon as possible.

If I manage to speak to a member of management beforehand, I will do. Apologies Jon

Comment

it's wonderful how issues like these are well given attention. keep up the nice work dan.

Comment

30 hours and finally back up but not impressed. Not with the downtime, i guess that it is sometimes unavoidable, but the complete lack of customer care.
                      Maybe it is time.

Many thx Dan for your help, appreciated

Comment

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to lack of communication on this issue from our side. The IP's of your vps were having some routing issues as a result of which the VPS was not responding and it also had a connectivity issue. Your VPS was online during this while however the connectivity of your VPS with the outer world was lost due to IP routing issue. This has been fixed by our network engineers.

I can also assure you that henceforth, there won't be any communication gap from Webhosting UK in case any such issue arises in future. We have also taken down your suggestion regarding a new page for network status updates and we will try to implement it asap if our management team approves this.

Once again I'd like to take this opportunity to apologies for lack of information on this.

Comment

Working...
                        X