Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HDD Failure on Tristar.webhosting.uk.com

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I was told in my support ticket that 3rd June backup would be applied but I am yet to see these changes reflected on my site!
    Reading Renegades American Football Club
    www.renegadesafc.com

    Comment


    • we had to initiate fixquotas command to sort quota problems on the server and after that it was upcp and easyapache. Load shoots up during fixquotas so we had to disable all other services for fixquotas to complete.

      Everything has got sorted now and what has been restored is the latest data we could retrieve from our backup servers.
      Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
      AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
      Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

      Comment


      • You keep saying latest backup you could retrieve but what the hell date is that!!!?!?!?!?!?

        I have a support ticket reply stating you will restore the 3rd June backup! But I can still see the 20th/21st backup on my site????

        Talk about dodging the questions or giving mixed responses!!!

        A clear response of 20th/21st May or 3rd June would be much better!!!!
        Reading Renegades American Football Club
        www.renegadesafc.com

        Comment


        • FTP and Pop3 email access still broke for me - how about everyone else?

          Comment


          • Hello,

            My site appears to be back up. (I won't play with it yet til things are more stable).

            Admin - thanks for your updates. I sympathise with the guys in support. Not nice to be on the receiving end of all this frustration.

            Suggestion: I had trouble finding your post - is it possible, in future (god forbid), you could post official feedback in a locked 'sticky' thread under 'Network Status'? Then folk could catch the news fast, without it being lost in the flames!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by geosprite View Post
              Hello,

              My site appears to be back up. (I won't play with it yet til things are more stable).

              Admin - thanks for your updates. I sympathize with the guys in support. Not nice to be on the receiving end of all this frustration.

              Suggestion: I had trouble finding your post - is it possible, in future (god forbid), you could post official feedback in a locked 'sticky' thread under 'Network Status'? Then folk could catch the news fast, without it being lost in the flames!
              We do follow this procedure but initially when concerned people in our staff were questioned about the backup, they said that they had backup of 3rd June in same network so restore process was expected to be completed in less than 2 hours. We get transfer speed of close to 15 Mbps for inhouse data transfers so it was expected that everything would get sorted by Saturday Morning.

              Guys never said true story about backup and all management people had left for the day when restore process was initiated. We came to know how bad things went only on next day morning and by that time Pumazooma had started this thread.
              Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
              AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
              Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

              Comment


              • Originally posted by londonmate View Post
                I wonder BillyBob, after all this blows over, whether this whole thread will disappear!
                I see it hasn't disappeared yet but I am slightly concerned about the following.

                I put a post in Customer Testimonials earlier but it is a moderated forum. Fine but the post has not come up yet. Fine Admin is obviously busy. But just in case the post is 'lost' in the multitude of posts on here I would like to make the point.

                The post I was replying to in customer testimonials was (obviously) exulting Web hosting UK - the comment I made was that it seemed a very timely post considering all the problems of the last week.

                Not wanting to cause a flame war (hey I'm getting used to the lingo ) but what do you guys think?

                Comment


                • Yeah, it did seem very well timed to be honest. There are a few 'Fan Boys' (there's a new one for ya) kicking around on the these forums from time to time though.

                  I guess it needs to be broken down into what you actually expect from your site. I have three hosted by UK Webhosting. Two are fun and one is a business. If my business site is down then it reflects bad on me. One of the others is my personal site with a forum and it gets hit everyday. If it's down I hear about it. I constantly have an eye on my sites....so extended downtime is not something I'm prepared to accept as 'Good Service'. Yeah, they may have got it back...but it shouldn't have gone down in the first place.

                  Now, if you've got someone new to the whole website thing and they have blog or perhaps a small personal site then they don't go to it everyday and they'd no doubt be happy that their site was back after such a breakdown and would view the rest of us as a moaning bunch of twats who really should give the administrators of the server a break and let them cope with the problems and therefore threw a kind word into the mix.

                  But personally......I'm sure these posts aren't from real customers!
                  Some things in life are priceless....
                  ....for every thing else there's Tequila!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BillyBobBongo View Post
                    Yeah, it did seem very well timed to be honest. There are a few 'Fan Boys' (there's a new one for ya) kicking around on the these forums from time to time though.

                    I guess it needs to be broken down into what you actually expect from your site. I have three hosted by UK Webhosting. Two are fun and one is a business. If my business site is down then it reflects bad on me. One of the others is my personal site with a forum and it gets hit everyday. If it's down I hear about it. I constantly have an eye on my sites....so extended downtime is not something I'm prepared to accept as 'Good Service'. Yeah, they may have got it back...but it shouldn't have gone down in the first place.

                    Now, if you've got someone new to the whole website thing and they have blog or perhaps a small personal site then they don't go to it everyday and they'd no doubt be happy that their site was back after such a breakdown and would view the rest of us as a moaning bunch of twats who really should give the administrators of the server a break and let them cope with the problems and therefore threw a kind word into the mix.

                    But personally......I'm sure these posts aren't from real customers!
                    Ahh I didn't get any trouble, everything of mine is ok =) Didn't affect me.. the only thing that bothers me is that the FTP Service keeps stopping at least twice a week. If it stops go to shell and use this syntax:

                    Code:
                    [email protected]<> [~]# /etc/init.d/pure-ftpd restart
                    Stopping pure-config.pl: cat: /var/run/pure-ftpd.pid: No such file or directory
                    kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] [pid | job]... or kill -l [sigspec]
                    
                    Stopping pure-authd:
                    Starting pure-config.pl: [ OK ]
                    Starting pure-authd:
                    [email protected]<> [~]

                    Bugger.... I am overdue on 3 invoices (&#163;30) third one was due yesterday but admin is it poosible if u could cancel the third one cos I am going to move to the dedicated server plan. I am hoping I don't have to pay the third invoice for just one day.. as I am going to get the dedicated server as soon as I pay the other two.

                    Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by karimali831 View Post
                      Bugger.... I am overdue on 3 invoices (30) third one was due yesterday but admin is it possible if u could cancel the third one cos I am going to move to the dedicated server plan. I am hoping I don't have to pay the third invoice for just one day.. as I am going to get the dedicated server as soon as I pay the other two.

                      Thanks!
                      You need to open a ticket for the billing department to take care of this.
                      Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
                      AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
                      Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Administrator View Post
                        You need to open a ticket for the billing department to take care of this.
                        Okay =)
                        Will do

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X