Design or Content? What is more important

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design or Content? What is more important

I have a query in my mind and wanted to know your opinion on the same. What do you think is more important, Website's design or its content ?
    Please let me know your opinion on the same.

Originally posted by MENDOZA View Post
    I have a query in my mind and wanted to know your opinion on the same. What do you think is more important, Website's design or its content ?
    Please let me know your opinion on the same.

Well, it's something like >> Food or Water?
    Both Web-Design & Web-Content have their own importance and are vital for success of any website !
    Personally i am more incline towards Unique, Helpful content presented in professional manner.
    UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
    Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Both are equally important to keep your website flooded with visitors. WebSite design will attract new visitors to your website and the website content will keep them interested in your website. Website design is the first step to attract new customers. Lets try it both ways. If your website's design is not good, no visitor will wait on your website. He won't bother to read your content even if its very informative and unique. If your design is good but if your content is not informative and unique, no visitor will come twice on your website after reading the content once. You should work on both aspects so that you can attract new customers on your website and also keep them interested in your website by providing them something new and unique information to read.
      Webhosting UK :: Reseller Hosting | Fully Managed Dedicated Server
      Partner with Webhosting UK Com Ltd
      Follow us on Social Networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+

Comment

In my opinion, the design and content of the website are equally important as they work together. The website has to be designed in order to provide with a user friendly interface so that the customers can navigate through the website with ease. Likewise the content given in the website should provide with the most appropriate information to the user. The information has to be brief and upto the point to enable better understanding. Website design and content both are crucial factors for attracting lots of visitor traffic.
        WHUK :: Reseller Hosting UKCloud Web Hosting UKDedicated Server Hosting UK
        Follow us on social networks Facebook, Twitter and Google+

Comment

The content of the website is the most important factor as far I think. The content of your website will determine it's rankings on search engines and it will be responsible for driving visitors to your website. The design of your website should be capable enough to keep the visitors on the website and if it does that, it's enough.
          Cloud Shared Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Servers | Request Dedicated Server Hosting Quote
          Contest :: Refer and Win a FREE Domain and FREE Hosting

Comment

The popularity of any website depends on its design and content. Content plays a major role, a brief and impressive content is extremely important for providing complete information to the user.

Comment

Yeah, both design and content should go with consistency. Good content websites presented in attractive way with proper use of graphics will certainly make your visitors to stay longer and they may bookmark your website for return visit

Comment

It depends on what your site is about.

If you're a photographer or a website designer, then it's no contest. If you have a really awesome design with some pictures, then all your visitors might need is how to get in touch with you.

If you're writing about something that people are really interested in reading, black text on a white screen might be all anyone cares about.

It all depends on your website's purpose and who your visitors are, don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                  Well, it's something like >> Food or Water?
                  I kind of disagree. I mean, take a look at Craigslist. It's the best example that a website can become extremely popular without hardly any design at all. YouTube's design isn't all that fancy either. The coding is really good, but the designs is bland. To me, content is more important than design.

Comment

Most websites are so crowded and busy with ads, pictures, and other graphics. The website with the simple design will stand out by comparison. Search engines only care about content. So, that's another reason to go with something simple that doesn't take a lot of time you could spend writing content.

Comment

The expression is content is king. That being said, the design of the website is crucial. Navigation, color choices, fonts, and so many other elements of design can make a significant difference in a visitor returning or not.

Comment

Only the visitors for the website in question can answer which is most important. Unless your website is related to art, fashion, or something else visually oriented, it's probably the content they care about.

Comment

I do agree with you all. They both are very important for all types of websites. In my opinion content is always first. Most people do not care if you have the most amazing designed site they have ever seen. If they ca not easily navigate the page or find the information they are looking for, they will definitely click off your page in the first three minutes. I have seen some incredibly designed sites that were just ridiculously difficult to navigate and were not intuitive at all.
                          Last edited by Ross; 25-10-11, 08:54 AM. Reason: Self Promotion

Comment

When someone visits your website, the main aspect is the overall look of the website; therefore design and content both are equally important.

Comment

I think content and design both are equally important, but quality content is considerable. Website design is also important but depends on website type, simple and attractive design and navigation looks good and attractive for visitors.

Comment

Working...
                              X