Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) in cPanel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) in cPanel?

Hello,

I have recently heard about two-factor authentication (2FA). So, can anyone please the step to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) in cPanel?

Originally posted by Jake_J View Post
    Hello,

I have recently heard about two-factor authentication (2FA). So, can anyone please the step to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) in cPanel?
    Hello,

Two-factor authentication helps to add additional layer protection to your login. Nobody will able to access your account without entering the unique code along with your regular password each time you log in. This unique code is generated by an app on your smartphones and changes every 60 seconds. I think this is the best option to secure your account.
    Last edited by Rodney; 16-02-21, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Two-factor authentication adds an additional layer of protection by requiring you to enter a unique code along with your regular password each time you login. This code is generated by an app on your smartphones and changes every 60 seconds. Nobody can login without both your password and access to your smartphone to generate the code making it extremely effective at keeping out intruders. For more details, you can visit: https://www.webhosting.uk.com/kb/how...2fa-in-cpanel/

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott View Post
        Two-factor authentication adds an additional layer of protection by requiring you to enter a unique code along with your regular password each time you login. This code is generated by an app on your smartphones and changes every 60 seconds. Nobody can login without both your password and access to your smartphone to generate the code making it extremely effective at keeping out intruders. For more details, you can visit: https://www.webhosting.uk.com/kb/how...2fa-in-cpanel/
        Thank you, Elliott, for sharing such a piece of good information. After reading the article, now I can easily start my 2-factor authentication.

Comment

Two-factor authentication (often shortened to 2FA) provides a way of double checking' that you simply really are the person you're claiming to be when you're using online services, like banking, email or social media. it's available on most of the main online services.
          When fixing 2FA, the service will ask you to supply a 'second factor', which are some things that you simply (and only you) can access. this might be a code that's sent to you by text message, or that's created by an app.

Why should I use 2FA?
          Passwords are often stolen by cybercriminals, potentially giving them access to your online accounts. However, accounts that are found out to use 2FA would require an additional check, so albeit a criminal knows your password, they will not be ready to access your accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiden View Post
            Two-factor authentication (often shortened to 2FA) provides a way of double checking' that you simply really are the person you're claiming to be when you're using online services, like banking, email or social media. it's available on most of the main online services.
            When fixing 2FA, the service will ask you to supply a 'second factor', which are some things that you simply (and only you) can access. this might be a code that's sent to you by text message, or that's created by an app.

Why should I use 2FA?
            Passwords are often stolen by cybercriminals, potentially giving them access to your online accounts. However, accounts that are found out to use 2FA would require an additional check, so albeit a criminal knows your password, they will not be ready to access your accounts.
            Thank you Aiden for sharing such a piece of beneficial information about two-factor authentication.

Comment

Working...
            X