Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between a cloud, VPS, and dedicated server hosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between a cloud, VPS, and dedicated server hosting?

Hello friends,

I am looking to host an eCommerce store. So, which type of hosting service is best for this. I have searched about VPS, cloud and dedicated server hosting but not able to get the proper solution.
    Please suggest some best solution for the same.

Originally posted by Connor View Post
    Hello friends,

I am looking to host an eCommerce store. So, which type of hosting service is best for this. I have searched about VPS, cloud and dedicated server hosting but not able to get the proper solution.
    Please suggest some best solution for the same.
    Hello Connor,

First I'll give you the basic introduction of each web hosting service.
    • VPS Hosting: It is a very affordable and less expensive than dedicated hosting service. In that hosting environment, a physical server is divided in to the multiple virtual servers. Each virtual server is acts as a dedicated server.
    • Dedicated Hosting: This type of hosting service is a more complex type of hosting service. It is normally recommended for high traffic and secured data sites. It is a highly expensive web hosting service than all the other hosting services.
    • Cloud Hosting: In this hosting environment, an unlimited number of computers to act as one system. So instead of the website being hosting on a single server, it’s hosted on a virtual partition of a server and brings its resources from a network of existing servers. This enables multiple servers to work together to manage high traffic levels or spikes for any particular website
    As per your requirements, I think VPS and Cloud, both hosting services are good.

Comment

Hello,

In VPS hosting, one physical server is divided into many virtual servers. Customers can use their assigned part of the server without any interference from other websites.

Cloud hosting uses advanced computing technologies in which multiple servers come together to form a cluster. In shared and dedicated server hosting, the system is dependent on a single physical server. In cloud technology, you can simply access additional resources when required.

Dedicated hosting is a server hosting environment in which the client gets full access to the server as well as all its resources. There will be no other website hosted on the dedicated server.

Comment

Hey,

Cloud Hosting: Cloud hosting environment, web hosting accounts use the resources of several clustered servers. Means your website uses the virtual resources from various servers to accommodate all the features of hosting your site.
        Advantages of Cloud Server:
        • Cost-Savings
        • Easy To Deploy
        • Scalability and Reliability
        • Safety and Security
        VPS Hosting: VPS servers works on “virtualization” technologies. VPS is a method of dividing a physical server into various virtual servers but each virtual account acts as a dedicated server environment. In VPS, the physical server is divided but separate resources are allocated to each account. VPS server hosting has great features of both shared hosting and dedicated server hosting.

Comment

Thank you friends for sharing a piece of beneficial information. Now I can understand the basic difference between cloud, VPS and dedicated hosting services.

Comment

The Dedicated Server is a physical server with dedicated hardware. The available resources are not shared with other customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney View Post
              Hello Connor,

First I'll give you the basic introduction of each web hosting service.
              • VPS Hosting: It is a very affordable and less expensive than dedicated hosting service. In that hosting environment, a physical server is divided in to the multiple virtual servers. Each virtual server is acts as a dedicated server.
              • Dedicated Hosting: This type of hosting service is a more complex type of hosting service. It is normally recommended for high traffic and secured data sites. It is a highly expensive web hosting service than all the other hosting services.
              • Cloud Hosting: In this hosting environment, an unlimited number of computers to act as one system. So instead of the website being hosting on a single server, it’s hosted on a virtual partition of a server and brings its resources from a network of existing servers. This enables multiple servers to work together to manage high traffic levels or spikes for any particular website
              As per your requirements, I think VPS and Cloud, both hosting services are good.
              Hey Rodney, you have nicely explained all the details of each hosting service. It'll really helpful to get a basic idea about all the listed web hosting services.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott View Post
                Hey,

Cloud Hosting: Cloud hosting environment, web hosting accounts use the resources of several clustered servers. Means your website uses the virtual resources from various servers to accommodate all the features of hosting your site.
                Advantages of Cloud Server:
                • Cost-Savings
                • Easy To Deploy
                • Scalability and Reliability
                • Safety and Security
                VPS Hosting: VPS servers works on “virtualization” technologies. VPS is a method of dividing a physical server into various virtual servers but each virtual account acts as a dedicated server environment. In VPS, the physical server is divided but separate resources are allocated to each account. VPS server hosting has great features of both shared hosting and dedicated server hosting.
                Yes, Elliott, you are right. Cloud hosting is the most demanding web hosting services, nowadays. It is the future of the web hosting industry. As you have explained, it has a lot of best features like on-demand resource allocation, easy to deploy, etc are the most beneficial features from small businesses to high traffic and secured businesses.

Comment

Working...
                X