Forum or Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum or Blog

I am looking forward to host a website. But I am not sure between starting a forum or a blog website. Can you please let me know which one will benefit me more. Please let me know your suggestions on which one should I host.

Starting a Forum or blog website entirely depend upon you. But people like forums because each individual can register on forums and express their views or ask their queries. While in Blog, you need to have a good knowledge on any product, so that you can express your views there and different users will read it and get some handy information from it.
    Webhosting UK :: Reseller Hosting | Fully Managed Dedicated Server | Webhosting UK Affiliate

Follow us on social networks Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn

Comment

I think the website must have both, blog and forum. A blog will provide with the necessary information to the visitors while a forum will engage the people into online discussion where they can voice their opinions. Even a blog website can be made interactive by enabling comments; however a forum is a better place to get people talking.
      WHUK :: Reseller Hosting UKCloud Hosting UKDedicated Server UK
      Follow us on social networks Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn

Comment

A forum would be too much effort for me personally and that is why I am thinking about starting my own blog. At the moment I am looking for a webhost and due to the fact that I am a newbie I would really appreciate help. Is it better to use shared web hosting? What should I consider when choosing a web hosting company?

Comment

Originally posted by BREWER View Post
          I am looking forward to host a website. But I am not sure between starting a forum or a blog website. Can you please let me know which one will benefit me more. Please let me know your suggestions on which one should I host.
          Good to know that you wish to host a website. Forum and Blog both platforms can be used to share knowledge and interact with others. What type of forum or blog you wish to launch ? Are you planning to make money from the forum/blog ?

Comment

Originally posted by jerdon98 View Post
            A forum would be too much effort for me personally and that is why I am thinking about starting my own blog. At the moment I am looking for a webhost and due to the fact that I am a newbie I would really appreciate help. Is it better to use shared web hosting? What should I consider when choosing a web hosting company?
            Yes you can consider a shared hosting package to host a blog. You may consider one of our cPanel Hosting package to host your blog. You can start with a shared hosting package and later you can upgrade the resources if required. We provide 24x7 support via Email/Ticket/Chat/Phone. We also provide 30 day money back and 99.95% uptime guarantee. Feel free to try our service, you would not regret.

Comment

Originally posted by BREWER View Post
              I would like to suggest you that having a blog and by adding a feature of forum, can be a great combination. But there are other aspect too. The blog can be update by a single person but what about forum, to run forum you will requires a community - atleast some people. If you don't think you can get that community, go for a blog. A blog is a bit easier to maintain as well.

Comment

Setting up a blog or a community forum is a personal choice and depends on your future plans. If you have good at content writing then a blog would be a better choice and if you are good at marketing and can pull crowd for discussion then build a community forum. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. Webmaster usually prefer blog since it's easy to monitor and manage compare to forum which may get spammed frequently and you have to keep a close eye on each post from your members.
                Personally, I do prefer a blogs since it's the best platform to present our thoughts, share tips and updates and can be a good source of income

Comment

Use blog to drive traffic to forum

Rachel was right you really need both, use the blog to rank well in search engines and fill it with the type of content that will attract you ideal visitor, either newbie, advanced or occasional user.

A forum on its own will be much harder to get going unless you already have lots of people ready to interact which is why you need the blog, check out Tollon for your web hosting - they support both types of interaction well. You do get problems but they sort it out straight away without feeding you BS (if I can say BS) - Good luch it sounds like an exciting time!

Comment

You should go ahead and setup a blog first as it's way easier to setup and manage in comparison to a forum. Once you manage to get a good amount of traffic on the website through blog and search engines and you feel that visitors are interested in discussing about the products and services you offer, you can setup a forum with a free application like phpbb or you can use Vbulletin which is considered to the best forum application if you can afford it

Comment

Default Forum or Blog
                      Hi

Although both the platforms, blog and forums are important; in my opinion you can start with a blog first and provide as much product knowledge as you can. You can make a dofollow blog where people will be able to post their comments so that the blog looks interactive. Once you start getting traffic for your blog, you might start a forum. In case you would like to host a website and create a professional blog, then you can also opt for WordPress Hosting. This is a very efficient form of hosting that will enable you to create an impressive looking blog even if you are not technically sound. WordPress also provides you with a wide range of templates and tools for making the blog look impressive.

Comment

If you want to start an online business, both a forum and a blog are necessary (for the reasons explained by Rachael). However, if you want just an online means of keeping in touch with people, you could settle for a personal blog. Blogs allow people the opportunity to make their thoughts read and commented upon. Insert some ads, and you can make some extra-money as well...

Comment

The best part of managing a forum is that you don't have to create your own content. Once your forum gets popular and has many active members, you can expect regular content updates from the members.

Comment

An active forum can prove to be an extremely valuable asset to the company. A forum provides with the perfect platform for people to interact with each other. In a forum the visitors can also discuss and debate topics and provide information in the form of ideas and tips. One of the main advantages of having a forum is that it makes people visit your site again and again.

Comment

Re:

According to me both are the most affordable and important techniques for link building.You need not to spend a single penny for doing them.Both generate quality back links.Forum posting are commonly used for some kind of discussion or providing information where as blog commenting are used for generating traffic.
                              Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                              X