No announcement yet.

Unable to create or delete any files or folders in two partitions for Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to create or delete any files or folders in two partitions for Ubuntu

I had windows 10 with 3 partitions. I formatted my windows partition to install the Ubuntu. But in Ubuntu, I知 unable to create or delete any files or folders in two partitions and remained from Windows (NTFS).

These partitions are mounted as read-only?

Comment

Originally posted by Benson View Post
      These partitions are mounted as read-only?
      How can I go about checking that?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur View Post

How can I go about checking that?
        Run the mount command. ro - means read-only rw - means read/write

Comment

Yes.. It shows read only.
          How to change it?

Comment

It won稚 allow read-write if the partition has read-only (ro) permissions. You値l need to remount the partition with read-write permissions to fix the issue.

mount -o remount,rw <device>
            So if the device were /dev/sdc1 for example you can put:

mount -o remount,rw /dev/sdc1
            During the first mounting, you do not have to include "remount,". As well if you want it to mount rw at boot, look into the /etc/fstab file and check the options column for that partition includes rw and not ro. An example might be:

/dev/sdc1 /path/to/mount ntfs-3g defaults,rw 0 0
            Finally, if you want to know what other mount options possibly will be available to you, I suggest exploring the man page for ntfs-3g:
            https://linux.die.net/man/8/ntfs-3g

Comment

Nimbus
              Much appreciated it worked, however about mounting rw at boot, I知 unable to see my partition in that file. There is just 3 partition which is my root/ and /home and swap. Would it be a good idea for me to add my partition manually and if yes might you be able to guide me on that?

Comment

Yes, you can add it manually. You can utilize my line as a layout on the off chance that you'd like, simply make a point to change the device to the actual device and the mount indicate the real mount point. A while later you can test by manually unmounting the gadget, running a mount - a, and afterward checking whether it's mounted once more. Afterward, when you are able, you can do a full test by rebooting.

Comment

In the file, I have UUID rather than /dev/sdc1 so should I found it or it's alright to put /dev/sdc1 for my partition?

Comment

Instead of /dev/sdc1 for the first column you can place UUID=<uuid> obviously, ensure to replace <uuid> with the actual uuid.

Comment

I include this line /dev/** /media/arthur/*partition label* ntfs-3g defaults,rw 0 0 however nothing occurred after checking it by mount still it says ro.

Comment

Try to unmount the partition and then run mount -a. Afterwards check does it mount it?

Comment

Nothing happened, despite the fact that I'm so grateful for your assistance. I think I ought to peruse more about it. I will utilize your reference link you put toward the finish of your answer. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                          X