Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to backup data - Am I wasting space with my backup method?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to backup data - Am I wasting space with my backup method?

I've been wondering if I am using my servers disk space efficiently. For now I have configured backups from WHM those are for daily incremental backups of the accounts.. on the same server.. Is this the best way to use my limited disk space?

I would suggest you to rather consider any backup package. You will get enough resources to resell and the backup will be at some remote location.

Comment

An offsite backup space is your best option to maintain backups. It is safe and also very important to have your data on a remote server.

Comment

You should try and store all backups off-site which means at a location separate to where your website is hosted as this increases the safety level of your data.

Keeping backups on the same server can indeed take up lot of space. A remote backup is highly recommended in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by davedj View Post
          I've been wondering if I am using my servers disk space efficiently. For now I have configured backups from WHM those are for daily incremental backups of the accounts.. on the same server.. Is this the best way to use my limited disk space?
          It's not recommended to have server backup on same server from where your applications/website is runing from rather go with offiste backup space which will be more reliable in case if your server harddrive fails.
          You can refer our offsite backup packages at following link >> R1Soft Backup Service | Offsite Data Backup Solutions | Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Server | VPS Hosting
          UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
          Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
            It's not recommended to have server backup on same server from where your applications/website is runing from rather go with offiste backup space which will be more reliable in case if your server harddrive fails.
            You can refer our offsite backup packages at following link >> R1Soft Backup Service | Offsite Data Backup Solutions | Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Server | VPS Hosting

R1Soft Backup Service
            is this different than a usuaal backup like rsync ? Could you plz explain to me more about R1Soft Backup Service?

Comment

Originally posted by Travis View Post

R1Soft Backup Service
              is this different than a usuaal backup like rsync ? Could you plz explain to me more about R1Soft Backup Service?
              Yes, it's different from rsync and based on advance concept.
              R1Soft CDP takes data backup to the next level with bit-level disk-based data protection. Rather than reading and backing up individual files, CDP backs up data on a bit by bit basis thereby providing near-Continuous Backups, capable of providing multiple recovery points.
              Seems you missed to go through R1Soft details at >> R1Soft Backup Service | Offsite Data Backup Solutions | Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Server | VPS Hosting
              UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
              Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

aah ok.. can we have R1 soft backup with any of your plans then ? The backup will be automated correct ?

Comment

Yes, it does. except on virtuozzo based plans.

Comment

Working...
                  X