Blogger vs. Wordpress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blogger vs. Wordpress

When it comes to blog hosting, there are these two major contenders Blogger & Wordpress. Do you prefer Blogger or Wordpress ? Which is better in your opinion?

From the looks of this article Wordpress 3.0 (released 5 days ago) is a CMS killer

Comment

I prefer WP. It is easy to manage and anyone can understand how it works

Comment

Go with Wordpress! It's the best.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, it’s much easier to set-up your own Bloggger account. You can be done in 10 minutes flat. Once you’re set-up you can start posting immediately. If you want to add a designer’s touch to your blog, there are also tons of blogger templates available for free.

Installing WordPress however can be a major headache if you don’t know what you’re doing. Since you’re going to host it on your own account, you’ll need to download the installation files, upload them to your server, set-up a database, and run the configuration script.

However, if you know which hosting account to get, you can choose one with Cpanel included. With Cpanel, you can do a one-click installation, upgrade and removal of your WordPress platform.

Blogger doesn’t allow categories. You can’t sort your articles into different focuses, unless you know how to hack the platform. With WordPress, not only can you add categories, you can also display each category differently on your main page. In fact with the correct plugins you can even turn your WordPress into a magazine-like portal.

Publishing with Blogger can be a pain in the ass. It can take forever to post articles, especially if you’re making changes to the entire website. With WordPress, publishing is much faster, although if you load your system with all kinds of bells and whistles it can be just as frustrating. With a Blogger account, you can get additional features like “Shout Boxes” that improve interaction on your site. You can also get pretty themes and nifty little tools that you can add to the core template files. However, that’s as far as you can go with Blogger.

With WordPress however, the sky is the limit. As cliche as that may sound, not only can you get themes, additional “plugins” and advanced tools, you can also extend WordPress to far beyond just a blogging platform.
          The talk today is about using WordPress as a complete, user-friendly Content Management System or CMS.

Regards,
          Ken.

Comment

Wordpress for me! The plugins are great and Wordpress is very easy to install.

Comment

Another vote for Wordpress

It's the best Blog platform available due to the kind of features it offers

Comment

Hello,

Even i would like to vote for Wordpress, As it is easy to install. As i have said before, WordPress as a complete, user-friendly Content Management System as faster as well .

Regards,
                Ken.

Comment

It all depends on our requirements and budget. If you are looking for FREE blogging platform then you can think of Blogger else you should use Wordpress which is one of the BEST blogging platform and is widely used.

Comment

My vote too goes with Wordpress. One of the most user friendly blogging CMS I have found till date with easy to use admin panel interface. Also, you can install plugins and themes by just searching the plugin / theme name in the admin panel itself.

Comment

Hello,

Votes for Wordpress are increasing. Yeah!!!!!

Any other recommendations or opinions or suggestions related to this?

Regards,
                      Ken,
                      SSupport Team.

Comment

It depends on where you will host your blog. If you would host your blog on a blog hosting site, Blogger was a better option as it allows you to place ads and other commercial stuff on your blog. But if you would host it on your own domain and server, Wordpress was the way to go.

Comment

Interesting, looks like most of members here prefer Wordpress.

Comment

With WP you can get endless number of free themes & plugins, you can also use it as CMS.

Comment

Hi Rachel,

This is a good question. I learnt a lot of my IT stuff from Google and I have to say Blogger.com is cool. Google has increased the variety of templates for users. Very colourful compared to wordpress. It justs makes me happy viewing those colours.

The choice is yours rachel
                              Last edited by ross007; 05-07-10, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X