ffmpeg installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ffmpeg installation

I want to install ffmpeg on my gallery, but unfortunately I don't have root access is there a way to do that?

Without root access you will require a precompiled binary of ffmpeg.if you want to install ffmpeg on your gallery.

Comment

Before commenting on this, we would like to know the type hosting package you currently have with your current webhost !

Usually when it comes for ffmpeg hosting you should be using higher hosting package like VPS or a dedicated server where you have more resources along with root access. FFMPEG = video hosting which requires huge resources. I am afraid that you can install ffmpeg on shared server hosting accounts as it requires manual compilation of Apache.

Comment

I would suggest you to speak with your Web Hosting provider regarding this, I am sure you will get your problem solved quickly. Do let us know which hosting solution you are Hosting your site with?

Comment

Originally posted by carrick View Post
          I want to install ffmpeg on my gallery, but unfortunately I don't have root access is there a way to do that?
          Are you install ffmpeg on FedoraCore or any other operating system ?

Comment

If you have root access then you can easily install FFMPEG from your end. We have VPS with Webhosting UK, FFMPEG was installed by their techs on my VPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Harris View Post
              If you have root access then you can easily install FFMPEG from your end.

Originally posted by carrick
              Well, it's seems clear that carrick don't have root access for his server
              Yes, usually your webhost may help you with installation of FFMPEG or any other Open Source Applications. Try to get help of your webhost if you have manage hosting !

Comment

Working...
              X