DNS Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Management

One of my friends has 10 domains registered with an ISP. The same ISP provides with a dedicated server where all these 10 domains are hosted.

I was thinking about the best way to manage the DNS

Is it a good idea to manage the domains through the ISP control panel by adding the CNAME records that would point to the IP address or should he register a nameserver and utilize the NS records for resolving all the addresses?

Basically, my question is whether the DNS records should be managed internally or externally?

Originally posted by David_Bing View Post
    One of my friends has 10 domains registered with an ISP. The same ISP provides with a dedicated server where all these 10 domains are hosted.

I was thinking about the best way to manage the DNS

Is it a good idea to manage the domains through the ISP control panel by adding the CNAME records that would point to the IP address or should he register a nameserver and utilize the NS records for resolving all the addresses?

Basically, my question is whether the DNS records should be managed internally or externally?
    Hi David,

Managing DNS internally or externally wouldn't be of much difference If DNS management is provided by your host/ISP, it'd be easier than having them managed outside
    Kind regards,
    Jack Daniel.

Cloud Hosting || Managed Dedicated Server || Webhosting UK Knowledgebase

Comment

Working...
    X