domain name age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain name age

Beyond the Google Sandbox dilemma, is the age of a domain name still of prime importance? Google has made it known in the past that older domains had priority in rank, all other things being equal.

Time is a website's friend, isn't it? My oldest site does unusually well considering I rarely update it and it relies on nohing but search engine traffic. I find that there's a gradual increase in traffic even on sites that are left to sit.

Comment

Yes, domains increase in search engine value as they get older. That seems to be a constant with the algorithms. I would say it's because search engines like Google value sites that they believe are most likely to remain online. Older sites have an established record.

Comment

Older domain names do help move you up the search engine ranking ladder. They must be hosted, however. The domain age, as it's been explained to me, is considered from the time the website is published. For optimization purposes, you shouldn't let a domain name sit for too long.

Comment

Some of a domain name's clout is solely on its age, but many older domains have websites that have been gathering backlinks and accruing regular visitors for many years. It's a gradual snowball effect that can slowly increase traffic with even a modicum of effort.

Comment

My oldest website is almost eight years ago and it does quite well getting only traffic from search engines. I can't help but believe that its age is the primary reason for that.

Comment

I have two websites which is almost 3 years ago and it is well getting traffic from search engines.I think that main reason for this is the age of the domain name....
              If you want to know the age of your domain name,you visit here whoisxy.com which shows the created date of your domain name...
              Last edited by kanika; 03-10-11, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kanika View Post
                I have two websites which is almost 3 years ago and it is well getting traffic from search engines.I think that main reason for this is the age of the domain name....
                If you want to know the age of your domain name,you visit here whois.com which shows the created date of your domain name...
                Well, the domain name age certainly makes a difference in the search engine optimization of the website and it has been found that search engines still prefer old domains. However, the domain age is not the only factor which affects traffic as if the SEO practices are discontinued, the domain will receive minimum traffic no matter how old the domain is.

Comment

Working...
                X