What is Subdomain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Subdomain?

Can anyone help me in understanding what is a Subdomain?

Yes, I too wanted to know what is Subdomain. And what is the difference between Subdomain and Domain?

Comment

First of all, I will tell you what is Domain and then will explain what is Sub-Domain.
      Domain: The address at which Internet visitors can access your website is known as a domain name. IP addresses are a set of numbers used by computers. Living beings, on the other hand, have a hard time remembering long strings of numbers. As a result, domain names were created and are now used to identify things on the Internet instead of IP addresses.
      Whereas a Subdomain name is a piece of information that is added to the beginning of the domain name of a website. The most common subdomain is www, which stands for World Wide Web. Subdomains are also frequently used to distinguish a segment of a website from the main site.
      Example- shop.abcd.com, here “shop” is the subdomain, and “abcd” is the main domain.

Comment

Ok, so subdomain comes before the main domain, right?

Comment

Yes, exactly, The difference between the Domain and Subdomain are:
          1. Subdomains are useful but optional. Whereas Domains are a must.
          2. Domains can exist without Sub- Domains. But Subdomains cannot exist without domains.
          These differences I know.

Comment

Now I have a clear understanding of the difference between the two.

Comment

Subdomains are also known as child domains

Comment

What is the need for a Subdomain is the main question. Why do you need a subdomain when you already have a domain name?
                See, One of the most basic reasons for creating a subdomain is to organize or divide site information into parts.

Comment

Working...
                X