Things need to be considered before buying a pre-owned domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things need to be considered before buying a pre-owned domain

I am planning to get a pre-owned domain or a famous name. For example; When we buy a famous brand domain, so it reduces a lot of responsibility such as marketing, branding and much more. In this type of business, we only have to sell the product to the end-user.
    In the same way, if I want to buy a pre-owned domain that has already established in the market. I know this is very rarely happening, but some providers sell this type of domain at a higher price. So here, Can anyone suggest to me what are the things that need to be considered before getting a pre-owned domain? Or should I buy a fresh domain?

Originally posted by Sven View Post
    I am planning to get a pre-owned domain or a famous name. For example; When we buy a famous brand domain, so it reduces a lot of responsibility such as marketing, branding and much more. In this type of business, we only have to sell the product to the end-user.
    In the same way, if I want to buy a pre-owned domain that has already established in the market. I know this is very rarely happening, but some providers sell this type of domain at a higher price. So here, Can anyone suggest to me what are the things that need to be considered before getting a pre-owned domain? Or should I buy a fresh domain?
    Hey Sven,

Before going with the pre-owned domain name, some of the important things you need to consider:
    • Registry info
    • Check the competition
    • Additional cost
    • Terms of services
    • Make it easy to type & remember
    • Avoid slang & pop culture
    • Shorter is better
    • Check social media handles

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott View Post

Hey Sven,

Before going with the pre-owned domain name, some of the important things you need to consider:
      • Registry info
      • Check the competition
      • Additional cost
      • Terms of services
      • Shorter is better
      Yes, you are right Elliott.

These are the important aspect that you need to consider before buying the pre-owned domain name.

Comment

Hey Sven,

• Registry info
        • Check the competition
        • Additional cost
        • Terms of services
        • Shorter is better
        Yes, you are right Elliott. These are the most essential that we need to consider.

Comment

Hello,

Buying a pre-owned domain name is a very good practice from an SEO point of view. Pre-owned already have their popularity and domain authority, so it gets easier to do online marketing.

Comment

Hey Sven,

• Registry info
            • Check the competition
            • Additional cost
            • Terms of services
            • Shorter is better
            Yes, these the important aspect that you need to be consider before go with pre-owned domain name.

Comment

Working...
            X