domain name or blogspot/blogger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain name or blogspot/blogger?

I have an issue here.i want to be more serious in blogging and right now i am using blogspot without generate any income yet.since i want to generate as sooner as i could and be more serious in this business,should i stick to blogspot or get my own domain name??

I would recommend you to continue with Blogspot for now. Once you have started earning with this then create a website with registered domain name, make a sticky post with a banner for your website on the blogspot and divert all the traffic to your website. This will ensure that you make few extra cash without any risk

Comment

I think you should continue using blogspot.. later when you get traffic and the income you are planning for, you can go for a paid service.

Comment

Instead of migrating later when you have earned the traffic and money it is better to go for a paid domain and service now.. you can fully concentrate on the domain and work on its seo.

Comment

I think you should buy your own domain

regards
          Last edited by Harry; 23-06-11, 05:17 PM. Reason: Link removed

Comment

As you haven't started earning yet, I would suggest you to continue with blogspot as you never know when your blog will start earning some revenue for you. If you purchase a hosting plan and domain name now, you will start spending for the blog now but there is no guarantee when it would generate revenue for you.

Comment

The other cheaper option is getting a domain name for your blog. You can continue to host your blog on Blogger while using your own domain.

Comment

If you plan to continue blogging for the years to come, I suggest you get a domain and hosting package now, because it will be more difficult to work on the SEO aspect after migrating from blogspot. However, if you feel that blogging is just a temporary thing that you probably won't do next year, you can stick with blogspot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushgrass View Post
                  The other cheaper option is getting a domain name for your blog. You can continue to host your blog on Blogger while using your own domain.
                  Yes, Blogger allows you to use your own domain name for the blog hosted there. I think it is a cheaper alternative to hosting the blogs on your own domain and hosting server, if you are not ready for it yet.

Comment

If you get started on Blogger/Blogspot and build a following, you might decide to keep your Blogger site as well as your own website once you are ready. Of course, you would need two different domain names.

Comment

Working...
                    X