Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singular or plural?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Singular or plural?

    Which is better and grammatically more acceptable for a domain name, a singular or plural noun? I notice people use both versions. There are ebook.com and ebooks.com, forum.com and forums.com. So, if both version are available, which should be our first choice?

  • #2
    Originally posted by synthesize View Post
    Which is better and grammatically more acceptable for a domain name, a singular or plural noun? I notice people use both versions. There are ebook.com and ebooks.com, forum.com and forums.com. So, if both version are available, which should be our first choice?
    Well, that depends on the search popularity of the key phrase of a domain name. It would be best to buy both the domain names; singular and plural.

    Comment


    • #3
      In above case plural form would be a better choice.
      IMO, we usually search for ebooks rather then ebook ( similarly for forums.. it's webhosting forums ) for more results.....
      It may vary from person to person
      UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
      Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 100 Webhosting UK Affiliate

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Harry View Post
        ( similarly for forums.. it's webhosting forums ) for more results.....
        It may vary from person to person
        Shameless plug there Harry, but anyway
        Plural would be better but as already mentioned it depends on what the concept is. As for me I always compare the meerkat

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the tips. I also agree to purchase both versions or at least the plural version of the domain name. I kinda think that keywords.com will show up on the result page when someone search for either keywords or keyword, while keyword.com will not show up when someone search for keywords. Just IMO.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by synthesize View Post
            Thanks for the tips. I also agree to purchase both versions or at least the plural version of the domain name. I kinda think that keywords.com will show up on the result page when someone search for either keywords or keyword, while keyword.com will not show up when someone search for keywords. Just IMO.
            I guess that is correct. Besides most of the popular phrases are used in the plural form, not all phrases though. It is actually a good idea to book both.

            Comment


            • #7
              I prefer to register plural domain names. I think a plural domain name is gramatically safer than the singular one, especially if you registered a sentence-like domain name. For instance, getebooks.com looks better than getanebook.com

              Comment


              • #8
                I think it is really specific to the idea that is your website. A lot of people prefer plurals, but I can think of a ton of sites that the singular is more appropriate. Also, grab both or if you get big someone might take advantage of your sites popularity.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I would prefer plural as well. Having the extra "s" at the end of the domain name is not bad at all. You will cater to both singular and plural keywords when registering a plural domain name.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    researched

                    the plural incorporates both so that is the best bet, I remember doing research on this subject and found that plural is mostly used as shopping query i.e DVDs means I want to look at a selection of DVDs.

                    the singular will get more traffic but the plural is better to convert and is targeted to buyers

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re:

                      In my opinion you may approach with phrase which have similar to your key word. i.e your targeted keyword is dedicated server then you can register with dediicatedserver.com or your targeted keyword is dedicated servers then you can go with dedicatedservers.com.
                      DedicatedNow

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X