Hosting subdomains on different server question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting subdomains on different server question

I have domainA.com hosted on serverA (shared, cpanel access only) and I want to have subdomain.domainA.com hosted on serverB (my webhosting.co.uk server with vps, whm, cpanel).

On serverA I create an A record using Simple DNS Zone Editor in cpanel pointing subdomain.domainA.com to my vps server IP.

pinging subdomain.domainA.com from my pc resolves to ServerB (immediately but i also have waited a few hours).

requesting subdomain.domainA.com on a browser shows defaultwebpage.cgi (also on ServerB)

What I am not getting is what am i supposed to do on ServerB to have subdomain.domainA.com added on a cpanel account.

When I try to add it as an addon domain i get "error from wrapper" saying that the domain is not using the correct dns servers.

Do I have to add an A record to my domain registrar for the domainA.com also or is it simple a matter of waiting "up to 48 hours" as with the usual nameserver changes? It has been 8 hours since the creation of the A record.

Thanks

Hello,

You can able to create now domains are not pointing to your VPS. Don't need to add A record for the domainA.com from domain registrar end. It would be great, if you PM me sub-domain name. It will help us to investigate further.

Comment

Hi,

Today, some 24 hours after creating the A record on domainA server, I was able to create the subdomain.domainA.com as an addon domain to my vps account without a problem.

Since you haven't changed anything on my server's configuration, I think it was just a matter of waiting for the A record to propagate through the DNS system.

If you still think there is a reason for you to invastigate further I will send you the domain details. I reply here for the benefit of others...

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I have already made tweak on your vps, so you should able to create domains, which are not pointing to your vps. You have created sub-domain properly in your account so don't need to inform me your domain name.

Please feel free to post here, if you have further query.

Comment

ok, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X