X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black-dog
    replied
    Originally posted by hmcm2006 View Post
    I don't believe they are being handled seperately - but could explain what you mean by that... please
    If you change the nameservers, everything will be handled by WHUK. However it's possible to simply transfer website hosting only. I have one client who are extremely happy with their email service but I administer their website on my VPS. So their original provider simply points http requests to my IP. The nameservers remain unchanged.

Leave a comment:

• Rachel
    replied
    All our domains are still with our previous host and our domain names registered with 123 reg.
    Web Hosting UK gave me the name of their 2 name servers.
    But when I went to 123 reg to change the name servers they were not using namesco name servers they were using 123's.

Can someone please explain why that would be?
    That indicates the domain was using default nameservers of 123 reg. Although if a DNS look up for the domain shows namesco name servers, you can take this as a bug in 123-reg control panel.

You will now need to replace the current nameservers with the ones you received from Webhosting.uk.com.

Let me know if you have any further questions..

Leave a comment:

• hmcm2006
    replied
    Thanks for response

I don't believe they are being handled seperately - but could explain what you mean by that... please

Leave a comment:

• black-dog
    replied
    All our domains are still with our previous host and our domain names registered with 123 reg.

But when I went to 123 reg to change the name servers they were not using namesco name servers they were using 123's.

It could be that web and mail are being handled seperately.

Leave a comment:

• hmcm2006
    started a topic Changing Name Servers

Changing Name Servers

Working...
X