Give me my code NOW and don't sabotage my domain name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me my code NOW and don't sabotage my domain name

My domain name has not been transferred yet as Lycos are failing to give me the authorization code. They have had over two weeks now. It's impossible to get through on the telephone contacts and emails are just repeatedly given an automated reply.

They state on their site that if the domain name isn't transferred by (their) deadline it will not be available until it's expiry!!!!

I've paid out for a new provider and hosting package, but if Lycos don't pass on my code in time, i'll be unable to operate the site until the end of August which is when my domain name is due to expire. Plus, i am fearful that someone can hijack it automatically if i can't get to renew it.

Is there an authoritative body i can ask for help in getting Lycos to comply with their duties?. In a very short time all the web hosting switchboards and staff will be gone. Although as mentioned above, you can't contact them even now.

I hate when registrars do this!
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.webmasterquotes.com/godaddy/client/pages/866/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.webmasterquotes.com/godaddy/client/pages/866/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Comment

Originally posted by msduckland View Post
      I hate when registrars do this!
      <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.webmasterquotes.com/godaddy/client/pages/866/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.webmasterquotes.com/godaddy/client/pages/866/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
      I've been in a worce situation, just kept going on and on... host contacting host. WHUK's registrar and another one I can't remember exackly.

One say, contact the other end the other say it's the other end and the other say you must go there. Goes in circles, then a WHUK representative contacted the host directly and problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by perplexed View Post
        They state on their site that if the domain name isn't transferred by (their) deadline it will not be available until it's expiry!!!!
        All domain registrar do have their own terms and conditions, thus if you fail to do the necessary within given time frame then you may have to follow their policy. Personally i wont go with such registrar who have such limitation.

If you cant transfer domain you always have the option for updating nameservers so that you can host your site on our server.

Is there an authoritative body i can ask for help in getting Lycos to comply with their duties?.
        Yes, you can take this issue to ICANN, according to them " Registrars are not permitted to deny transfer requests arbitrarily " please refer : ICANN | FAQs
        UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
        Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Don't you now have the option to bypass the registrar by entering a code you receive by letter, from the governing body when you purchase a domain? Or did i dream that!

Comment

After finally getting a response from the registrar or, the registrar's agent, or lycos' agent (yep! i'm well bewildered) i have been able to pass on my domain name authorization code to WHUK.

However, horror of horrors, they apparently now have to process it through Lycos. I understand they email them?. The domain name IS unlocked within my Lycos interface.

I'm a little lost as to whether my nameservers (currently my site is still running on Lycos servers and their nameservers) are released to me at the same time as my domain (hopefully) will be???.

Or is it a case of, once i have my domain name transferred (to ENOM) i can simply type in the WHUK nameservers in my Plesk interface and be rid of Lycos for good and my site will be totally hosted by WHUK?

Comment

yes once you have the domain, you can set up your own nameservers, or WHUK will do this for you once it it finally transferred

Comment

@ perplexed :

You can get in touch with our billing staff if you need any kind of assistance on this nameserver issue, just login to our Live Chat facility and get solution for your problem.

Comment

It was a close shave in the end. Unbeknown to me the transfer form from WHUK lay in my spam box for over a week. Which meant by the time (by sheer chance i looked in the spam) it was past it's 7 day reply period.

Fortunately, the support at WHUK managed to rectify the situation in time. My 'whois' is showing my new domain registrars and webservers. So hopefuly i can breathe a sigh of relief when Lycos shut down thier servers and telephone support tomorrow.

Comment

It was a close shave in the end. Unbeknown to me the transfer form from WHUK lay in my spam box for over a week. Which meant by the time (by sheer chance i looked in the spam) it was past it's 7 day reply period.

Fortunately, the support at WHUK managed to rectify the situation in time. My 'whois' is showing my new domain registrars and webservers. So hopefuly i can breathe a sigh of relief when Lycos shut down thier servers and telephone support tomorrow.

Thats great, finally your domain got a right registrar You are now in safe hands, enjoy your stay at Webhosting UK

Comment

Working...
                    X