Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard of .tel domain registration ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of .tel domain registration ?

Hello,

I have heard registration of .tel domains recently and many telecommunication company will be registering new domains by Jan 2009.

What do you guys think ?

Yep, not useful to me though but many telecommunications companies should be registering them such as..

BT.tel
    TalkTalk.tel

etc
    Webhosting.UK.com || VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Comment

.tel domain is designed to allow companies or individuals to display contact details such as phone numbers, email addresses or even GPS data. The new domain encourages the owners of these domains to cough up the details of how they can be contacted.

Comment

Yes .tel offers to everyone or company a personal page, where all contact information can be managed. So, if someone is looking for your contact details, this person only has to remember a simple domain name: companyname.tel

Comment

Hmm just looked up .tel looks interesting

Hopefully will be at same kind of prices as other gTLDs. (eg .com/.net)

Just spoke to my registrar aparently they going to be getting it on their tag by 3rd quarter

Edit: Just spoke to registrar will probs be a few bucks more than .com etc
          Last edited by dansgalaxy; 20-01-09, 12:03 AM. Reason: Added info about price.

Comment

I still don't see the point. Why not just have tel.yourdomain.com or yourdomain.com/tel? If it's going to use DNS propogation, it will be slower than just sticking it up on a website.

I use zyb.com to keep all my contacts informed if I change number / address / etc.

Comment

I think the idea is just to make things easier, so .tel becomes a kind of yellow pages for online businesses.

As a way for users to immediatly reconise a sites content from its tld.

So whens someone sees xdnet.tel they know its contact detauls when they see xdnet.co.uk they know its a UK company.

If i had xdnet.mobi it would imply xdnet was a mobile/telecommunications company.

.tv media (Even tho its a country code i know)

etc.

Which is also why there is the proposal for .xxx so adult content can be seperated.

Its all to make this more organised and easy to find

Dan

Comment

yes i have heard about .tel domain and i find this very interesting ,
                its very good now for telecommunication companies
                and i have heard that the availability for all opens at 15:00 GMT on 24 March 2009.
                And it will cost $300

Comment

Originally posted by ThE.BeSS View Post
                  yes i have heard about .tel domain and i find this very interesting ,
                  its very good now for telecommunication companies
                  and i have heard that the availability for all opens at 15:00 GMT on 24 March 2009.
                  And it will cost $300
                  That is incorrect.

Currently it is in sunrise (until 23rd march) and the cost is inflated.

However from the 24th of march when it become open to all it will cost around 12 GBP or $18 USD

XDnet.co.uk Blog Archive .tel now avalible with XDnet!

^ read little more here

Comment

Working...
                  X