Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMS platforms for web developers

Hi,

I am a web developer and want to design a site for my friend's online store. Is there any CMS platform which would be easy to use and offer good features? Please help.

Hello Patricia,

I am a developer too and I have been using PrestaShop since last couple of years to build any e-commerce website for my clients. I would recommend you to consider PrestaShop as it is free, open source eCommerce platform that delivers a wide variety of features such as the full control of your inventory, orders, shipping and tracking, allowing you to manage your business in real-time. PrestaShop eCommerce platform has a WYSIWYG editing tool for your products and the managing of images. Your online store can be customized at any time, accept PayPal payments, and manage customer based subscriptions. Using this you can send payments directly to your bank account, or your PayPal account.
    Hope this post helps you!

Regards,
    - Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Patricia View Post
      Hi,

I am a web developer and want to design a site for my friend's online store. Is there any CMS platform which would be easy to use and offer good features? Please help.
      Hi Patricia,

You can also try using 1. Magento, 2.OpenCart, 3. OsCommerce, 4. Zen Cart, or else 5. WordPress any of these, as they are very well know CMS and have a top rankings in the search engine. I have been using Wordpress for a long time and recently tried the using the Open Cart both are best in their own ways.. -Pixaler

Comment

I Just had a thought of coming back to post some detailed information on the OpenCart as I think this being very user-friendly it will be the best option to start on

The OpenCart is new and well-built eCommerce solution which truly is an incompatible open source shopping cart system. It is a secured e-commerce platform for online stores which allows you to establish your own online business and lope your e-commerce smoothly and economically. You can utilize it on any web server with php and MySql running on it. You will be able to create an unlimited number of categories, sell unlimited number of products, various currencies and use various languages and supplementary option of payment and shipping methods. OpenCart also have been ranked in the top CMS in search engine. I would recommend you to consider OpenCart as per my happy experience with it.
        - Pixaler

Comment

Originally posted by Pixaler View Post
          I Just had a thought of coming back to post some detailed information on the OpenCart as I think this being very user-friendly it will be the best option to start on

The OpenCart is new and well-built eCommerce solution which truly is an incompatible open source shopping cart system. It is a secured e-commerce platform for online stores which allows you to establish your own online business and lope your e-commerce smoothly and economically. You can utilize it on any web server with php and MySql running on it. You will be able to create an unlimited number of categories, sell unlimited number of products, various currencies and use various languages and supplementary option of payment and shipping methods. OpenCart also have been ranked in the top CMS in search engine. I would recommend you to consider OpenCart as per my happy experience with it.
          - Pixaler
          Hello Pixaler, I have to say it is very helping post and I would want to know if system or server requirements that has to be met to make sure this OpenCart is supported properly? I would be much appreciated if you could help me with the system requirements...

Comment

Hello Ashton,

OpenCart requires certain technical requirements to be met for the store to operate properly.
            you could refer the the basic requirements listed below:

These extensions must be enabled for OpenCart to install properly on the web server.
            Web Server (Apache suggested)
            PHP (at least 5.2)
            Database (MySQLi suggested)

Required PHP libraries / modules:
            Curl
            ZIP
            Zlib
            GD Library
            Mcrypt
            Mbstrings

During the install processa it will check you have them all enabled, you should contact your hosting provider if any of these are missing.

- Pixaler

Comment

Working...
            X