Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordpress Username ?

Regarding Wordpress ;
    Is it necessary to set the username as Admin in Wordpress? I had never tried some other username and also not too sure what's the advantage of changing it to something else!!

That's the last thing that you must do. Change the default username 'admin' to something of your choice in the first place. I'd strongly recommend you doing it asap., as there have been a chain of hacking attempts targeted towards WordPress sites using admin as a username which has administrative privileges.

We've also mentioned a couple of other measures that one must implement in order to keep the WordPress installation secure. Please read here

Comment

Thank you so much Stan, I really appreciate your response. I'll change username of my blogs rightaway !

Comment

As we knows very well that changing your wordpress name in WordPress cannot be done within the WordPress connections. First of all you should access the cPanel for your website and find the php my admin applet in database section. Find your wp_user in database and change your username.

Comment

Originally posted by madelinekim View Post
          As we knows very well that changing your wordpress name in WordPress cannot be done within the WordPress connections. First of all you should access the cPanel for your website and find the php my admin applet in database section. Find your wp_user in database and change your username.
          You can also change the Admin rights of your Wordpress site from the user section in the WP dashboard. And create another user of your choice with the required admin privileges.

Comment

Along with changing the username to something else, it is also important to have a complicated password. Easy passwords that are simple to figure out may give a chance to the hackers to access your account. Preferably, use a combination of small and capital letters, some numbers and special characters to create the password. Also, you will find online password generators that will help you to create a ‘tough to guess’ password.

Comment

Working...
            X