X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James View Post
    Here's a good Wordpress fan club.
    Any Drupal or Joomla fans here ?
    Joomla fan here. I also have some experience with wordpress, phpbb (you should use it) and smf.

I agree with you guys, wordpress is the best one for blogging, because Joomla its a CMS. And the simplest solution its allways the better.

Harry, theres a plugin to integrate wordpress into joomla (commercial), and there are also other components for blogging in Joomla (free).

Comment

Typical I stumble across this thread after having decided to go with b2evolution for blogging lol.

Personally though the software's not too bad usablilty wise, and was also very easy to conform to my sites current style
      Hexo
      -------
      The man that knows how, is always working for the man that knows why

Comment

@Hexo :-
        I haven't used b2evolution nor am planning to go with it It seems that it has no facility for converting/importing blog data from other most popular blogging systems like Blogger, Wordpress or TypePad etc.. !!! also Webmaster claims that it has a very complicated templating system which makes it difficult to use and configure.
        Hexo , Is it true ?
        UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
        Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 100 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Well, I would choose Wordpress simply because it is simple to use

I think it is the best CMS for blogs as for now and one can find thousands of plugins and addons easily according to the requirements and installation is done within minutes

Comment

Using Wordpress as a option for the Website and configuring it on the Subdomain as a blog is the best technique to keep your website updated, Search engines respect rich and Fresh content, if you properly optimize the content on the blog, it will prove the best source to drive the huge amount of traffic

Comment

Pete,
              Yes, that's very true, having up-to-date blog with unique & fresh content as subdomain will surely boost your ranking, provided you cleverly optimize your blog and main website !!
              UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
              Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 100 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

I like Wordpress because it is very easy to protect a post with a Password. This feature is good for webmasters who wish to keep some of the content private.

It is possible to protect a post with a password in Joomla also, however, you need to download and install a plugin which is not very user friendly and hence I prefer Wordpress

Comment

joomla does the same thing but for guests/registered users

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
                    Yes, that's very true, having up-to-date blog with unique & fresh content as subdomain will surely boost your ranking, provided you cleverly optimize your blog and main website !!
                    Isnt it the same thing if blog/worpress is integrated into site, or installed in a sub folder?
                    I mean why do you guys say "sub domain"?
                    Last edited by webrp77; 14-10-09, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by webrp77 View Post
                      Isnt it the same thing if blog/worpress is integrated into site, or installed in a sub folder?
                      I mean why do you guys say "sub domain"?
                      First of all a sub-domain is created to create an entirely different website with different content from the main domain.You can install an entirely different CMS on it.If this concept would not have existed,users would have been forced to register a different domain which would have been a costly option.But with a sub domain you have the option to create any number of sub domains without paying anything.
                      For example: If you have a xyz.com website and now you wish to include a blog or forum to it,then managing the content without a CMS would be very difficult as you would have to use the same application that is installed onto xyz.com.But,if you create a sub-domain,you can easily install a CMS or Wordpress for blogs.

I hope it helps.Please let me know if you need some more elaboration on this.

Comment

I know that.
                        I was just wondering if there was some SEO/indexing improvement making it on a subdomain

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
                          @Hexo :-
                          I haven't used b2evolution nor am planning to go with it It seems that it has no facility for converting/importing blog data from other most popular blogging systems like Blogger, Wordpress or TypePad etc.. !!! also Webmaster claims that it has a very complicated templating system which makes it difficult to use and configure.
                          Hexo , Is it true ?
                          Sorry for the late reply on this, I've just had a loss in the family so haven't been able to be around.

This was the first blogging system that I came across, and as I haven't used any of the others, can't comment on its use over and above the alternatives.

I know there's a few options when converting from wordpress, either by exporting all the data from wordpress as a MovableType then importing it into b2evo - this will at least keep anything that you've built in b2evo as is, rather than overwriting the settings/categories etc. There is also a plugin that's built for wordpress to export to b2evo.

As for the templating system, as I said in my first post, I found it pretty easy to change it to my sites skin. I agree that some of it, can seem a little cumbersome, but as with anything, if you are able to read and understand the underlying code that produces the look and feel of the site, then you can alter it to how you want it, it's also fairly well documented in the files.

It has the same kind of module layout options as are seen on many CMPS programs, in that you can choose the layout of the blog, and it's pages. With the option to turn off modules that you don't wish to use. I think with any software that you use, there's a learning curve that you have to go through, mainly because people don't script in the same way that you yourself might, or don't follow adopted web standards (just look at the differences in what works in what web browser to look at standards, and how people deviate from them).
                          Hexo
                          -------
                          The man that knows how, is always working for the man that knows why

Comment

WordPress is the best blogging engine! Joomla is "too heavy".

Comment

I would highly recommend WordPress for blogging.

Comment

Working...
                              X