DotNetNuke or DRUPAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DotNetNuke or DRUPAL

Which CMS do you guys recommend DotNetNuke hosting or DRUPAL hosting or anything else and why ?

Originally posted by Pedero View Post
    Which CMS do you guys recommend DotNetNuke or DRUPAL or anything else and why ?
    DNN on Windows
    Drupal on Linux

It all depends on the platform you want to run them off . Not that Drupal does not work with windows. It works well infact,just the it was built keeping Unix Flavors in mind.

Comment

Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress are mostly preferred. Joomla has the capabilities to be turned into an online magazine as well. Drupal comes with a wide range of add-ons especially in the area of charting and portal/dashboard usage. WordPress is fast and makes administering easy.

Comment

Hello Pedero

Which CMS do you guys recommend DotNetNuke or DRUPAL or anything else and why ?
        Drupal and Joomla are written in PHP, and DotNetNuke is written in ASP.NET. We have automated installers for all of them.
        There is a bit of a learning curve with any CMS - and of course it will vary from product to product. Our installer will get you up and running quickly, but you still have to configure your site, build in all your content, customize the look and feel, configure user accounts, and all that fun stuff. But the idea is that you can set this up and users who don't have that kind of knowledge can still contribute content to the site.

My recommendation would be to pick any CMS that has a good user community with a lot of development going on. That way you're more likely to find plug-ins, add-ons, themes, as well as help from the community to make your site work the way you want it to and to look unique. So in order to decide what's best for you, you might have to try a few of them out and see what suits you.

Regards

Christopher Mariner
        Windows Support Team

Comment

I also see varoius other CMS like Mambo, Joomla, Wordpress, PHP Nuke. Are these better than the other 2 that I mentioned earlier. Does the CMS has any sort of connection with the Hosting platform i.e Windows or Linux ?

Comment

Hello Pedero,

I also see various other CMS like Mambo, Joomla, Wordpress, PHP Nuke. Are these better than the other 2 that I mentioned earlier. Does the CMS has any sort of connection with the Hosting platform i.e Windows or Linux ?
            If you are a newbie in CMS then I would suggest you to go with wordpress as it is easy to with. Also its plugins are very easy to work with.

Regards
            Christopher Marinner
            Windows Tech Support

Comment

Working...
            X