URL rewriting in shared hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URL rewriting in shared hosting

Is it possible to rewrite untidy URLs to friendly URLs on Web Hosting UK shared Windows hosting?

Currently using static rewriting in the web.config file results in a 404, as does using URLRewriting.net dll in the Bin folder, for dynamic rewriting.

An alternative solution would be excellent if neither of these can be used.

Originally posted by nickjohnston View Post
    Is it possible to rewrite untidy URLs to friendly URLs on Web Hosting UK shared Windows hosting?

Currently using static rewriting in the web.config file results in a 404, as does using URLRewriting.net dll in the Bin folder, for dynamic rewriting.

An alternative solution would be excellent if neither of these can be used.
    Hi Nick,

We do support ISAPI_ReWrite for rewriting URLs on all of our Windows shared hosting servers & you can find complete info here: ISAPI_Rewrite documentation contents

Please let us know if you have any more questions for us, we'd be happy to help
    Kind regards,
    Jack Daniel.

Cloud Hosting || Managed Dedicated Server || Webhosting UK Knowledgebase

Comment

Thanks for quick reply - I've settled with using my existing setup but appending .aspx to rewritten URLs.

Another brief problem - What should I use as a fully qualified directory in order to upload files through an ASP.NET page to my website's directory?

Comment

Originally posted by nickjohnston View Post
        Thanks for quick reply - I've settled with using my existing setup but appending .aspx to rewritten URLs.

Another brief problem - What should I use as a fully qualified directory in order to upload files through an ASP.NET page to my website's directory?
        You're welcome Nick, could you please PM me with your domain name so I can provide you with the exact/absolute path to your website's root folder. Or you can open up a ticket/email us [[email protected]] with the details. Standing by to assist,
        Kind regards,
        Jack Daniel.

Cloud Hosting || Managed Dedicated Server || Webhosting UK Knowledgebase

Comment

Working...
        X