Which reseller is good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which reseller is good?

There are various pros and cons of both windows and linux. So it brings me to the question. What would be better and easier to resell, windows or linux?

Well, this is something that you'd need to identify. It depends upon whom you want to resell, if your prospects have a requirement for hosting over a Windows platform, choosing Windows reseller would be the right choice for you, and vice versa.

So, first you would need to understand your target audience and then choose an appropriate solution to resell. We'd help you in every possible means with setting up the server that's not a problem at all. Let me help you with the links to both the packages, we've listed all the features that we offer with them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, we'd be glad to assist.

Reference links :
    WHUKs Linux Reseller Hosting and Windows Reseller Plans

Comment

Originally posted by WHUK-Stan View Post
      Well, this is something that you'd need to identify. It depends upon whom you want to resell, if your prospects have a requirement for hosting over a Windows platform, choosing Windows reseller would be the right choice for you, and vice versa.

So, first you would need to understand your target audience and then choose an appropriate solution to resell. We'd help you in every possible means with setting up the server that's not a problem at all. Let me help you with the links to both the packages, we've listed all the features that we offer with the packages. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask them, we'd be glad to assist.

Reference links :
      WHUKs Linux Reseller Hosting and Windows Reseller Plans
      Thanks for the information. I'll have to give a thought to it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
        Thanks for the information. I'll have to give a thought to it now.
        You are Welcome !

A couple of more words which might help you with the decision making process. Irrespective of the platform you choose, you would also need to consider the package based on the resource requirements i.e. the Server Space, bandwidth etc. If you already have clients wanting to host their website(s) or applications then make sure to get an idea about the size of the data that they have, this should give you a rough idea about the resources which you'd be needing.

Comment

There are various pros and cons of both windows and linux. So it brings me to the question. What would be better and easier to resell, windows or linux?
          In addition to this, if your client's websites are developed using .NET platform then you have to go for Windows Platform and if the sites are developed in PHP then you can host them on Linux reseller.

Comment

Hi Amy,

I would recommend you to start with Windows based reseller plan as Windows platform support almost all the programming languages like ASP, ASP .Net, HTML, PHP , MS SQL, MY SQL as well. Though there are a few constraints with the Windows reseller, it will be more easier for you to approach your targeted audience. As are as Linux platform is concerned PHP, MY SQL are the best supported with the Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevens View Post
              As are as Linux platform is concerned PHP, MY SQL are the best supported with the Linux.
              If am not wrong even Windows do support PHP-MySQL but usually all webmaster prefer Linux if they don't use SQL or ASP for the obvious reason lol

Comment

Absolutely! We are all aware of the exclusive benefits offered by a Linux hosting platform. The best thing about Linux is that it is open source and therefore it can be modified and updated easily. A linux reseller hosting platform will surely prove beneficial to you in the long run and will make business management easier.

Comment

Linux is a widely used server OS. Hence when you resell hosting you would find it easier to resell a Linux plan. If at all you have takers for windows it is advisable that you go with a Linux reseller to begin with. Since it is cheaper you would be able to sell it better.

Comment

When it comes to reselling, you could offer both, you won't really want to lose a sale by offering just one OS . If you don't get requests for windows based features like asp.net, coldfusion, ajax etc then offer linux to them. We found it real tough when we initially got windows. Things were not self explanatory and we had to ask for help for quite a lot of issues we faced. Linux on the other hand worked a charm, I guess because we had already worked on with the tough one But trust me linux control panel if cPanel, is very user friendly and great for newbies.

Comment

Originally posted by neoanderson120 View Post
                      When it comes to reselling, you could offer both, you won't really want to lose a sale by offering just one OS . If you don't get requests for windows based features like asp.net, coldfusion, ajax etc then offer linux to them. We found it real tough when we initially got windows. Things were not self explanatory and we had to ask for help for quite a lot of issues we faced. Linux on the other hand worked a charm, I guess because we had already worked on with the tough one But trust me linux control panel if cPanel, is very user friendly and great for newbies.
                      That could be done but then it would lead to higher costs and unless there are takers for windows it does not make sense to invest in it. Whereas Linux can be sold without much difficulties and is cheaper as well.

Comment

I appreciate everyone's opinions but the discussion might give a feeling of Windows hosting to be an off-trend solution. While as-a-matter-of-fact, it isn't so. There are certain requirements that only Windows based solution can offer and the demand for such solutions seem to be stagnant. Though if we compare it with Linux the demand is quite low, but that doesn't mean people don't choose Windows based solutions. I thought you should know about this too.

Comment

Originally posted by WHUK-Stan View Post
                          I appreciate everyone's opinions but the discussion might give a feeling of Windows hosting to be an off-trend solution. While as-a-matter-of-fact, it isn't so. There are certain requirements that only Windows based solution can offer and the demand for such solutions seem to be stagnant. Though if we compare it with Linux the demand is quite low, but that doesn't mean people don't choose Windows based solutions. I thought you should know about this too.
                          Yes, that's true, Windows based solutions are equally useful for various applications. Although due to various reasons and lack of expertise in the field the demand has reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                            Although due to various reasons and lack of expertise in the field the demand has reduced.
                            Mmmmm it's not due to the lack of expertise really, but since the demand has reduced (to some extent ofcourse) the crowd is inclined more towards getting themselves trained on open source platforms.

Comment

Working...
                            X